Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gonna get the jeep, quick question about pricing

Old 08-03-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

That price is too high even without the demo miles. '10's will be here very soon. Wait for one of those with zero miles
Old 08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Way to High, I bought my 2008 with 25 miles in November of 2008 for 24,000 and change No Nav, or leather but with Hardtop and Tow package

Oh and miles are miles. Even if they consider it new with 4000 miles on it, I DO NOT, THAT'S A USED TRUCK!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow the price has gone up tremendously. For even under that MSRP I have seen loaded Rubicons. Wait it out. Someone brought back a Jeep with only 200 miles and it was considered used.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends on whether the Jeep has been titled before whether it is sold as new or used. If it's had dealer tags on it and never had a title, then some states allow it to be sold as new.

Back on topic, try another dealer, that price is high in todays economy... and most dealers don't take very good care of demos, kind of like rental cars....
Old 08-15-2009, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by txtrav
...I paid $19K for mine in March before TT&L. Brand new, Unlimited Sahara with added features . MSRP was around $30K... just gotta know how to sweet talk em!

It didn't get navigation, leather seats or a hard top (personally don't need/want them), but that should give you an idea of what you can get an Unlimited for right now due to the struggling automotive market.

I took about two months and went to several dealerships to haggle the best deal. The first place wanted $21K for a bare-bones X. Just be patient and do your homework - you'll get a great deal
What dealer did you buy from? I am in the Dallas area but I can make the trip for that kind of savings!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

heck i thought with the whole bankruptcy thing, all the vehicles were to be sold as "used"

But anyway, that is high. If there is anything I learned from buying this one is that I should have ordered everything I wanted and took stuff off I didn't. Ex. Should have left off the side steps cause now I know I need rock rails. Still very happy though. But the point is if you "think" you may switch out some of the stuff you may be better off waiting to get some close to what you want, or ordering it.

I was able to get mine close to 5K off what they were asking brand new and this was before all the car company flops. And it only had 25 miles on it. I'd say if the dealer likes it that much to put 4K on it he can keep it. I know it is one of the benefits to owning a dealership where you can have your pick of vehicles just to toss it back on the lot an still expect to get "brand new" price on it and expect the consumer to pay for your joy rides.

Just like Armycop said in post #34

Last edited by sclan; 08-15-2009 at 07:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Gonna get the jeep, quick question about pricing