Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gonna get the jeep, quick question about pricing

Old 07-27-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no update today. Was supposed to go down there after work, but the salesmen didnt call me. Tomorrow im giong to call down and ask to work w/ another salesman. this guy has only been selling cars for a month and a half.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unless you really need the Jeep right now I would wait another month or more until more show up on the lots. This time of year is tough because of the factory shut down.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rob7765
Unless you really need the Jeep right now I would wait another month or more until more show up on the lots. This time of year is tough because of the factory shut down.
when does production of the 2010's start? I was told they wouldnt be getting anymore 09's . I definatly dont need the jeep now, or really at all....just something i want. I also found a real nice GCSRT8 down a little south of me, if this doesnt work out.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

...I paid $19K for mine in March before TT&L. Brand new, Unlimited Sahara with added features . MSRP was around $30K... just gotta know how to sweet talk em!

It didn't get navigation, leather seats or a hard top (personally don't need/want them), but that should give you an idea of what you can get an Unlimited for right now due to the struggling automotive market.

I took about two months and went to several dealerships to haggle the best deal. The first place wanted $21K for a bare-bones X. Just be patient and do your homework - you'll get a great deal
Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Don't negotiate from MSRP, negotiate from invoice price. Be willing to walk.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

the 2010's will be out soon---they will deal ---also don't be fooled into paying INFLATED prices----look at NADA & the blue book and these are the industry norms.

By the way I paid 25000 for a loaded 08 Sahara with NAV--it stickered for 32 and some change.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry it took me a while to update. I walked on the deal, I went to Landmark jeep in independence mo, and they were so hard to work with. Im sure they were busy with the whole CARS thing, but we waited for about 45 minutes to get someone, and I had even called and made an appointment.

They were trying to get me upside down on my TBSS by 2k. Then they would only go down to 34K on the jeep and the msrp was 37K.

I found out invoice on the thing was 33.5k. I keep seeing all these people on here saying they got their jeep at 25,000 - 27000 on a 32,000 $ jeep. How could you work a deal like that? That would be below invoice wouldnt it?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jshrel24
Sorry it took me a while to update. I walked on the deal, I went to Landmark jeep in independence mo, and they were so hard to work with. Im sure they were busy with the whole CARS thing, but we waited for about 45 minutes to get someone, and I had even called and made an appointment.

They were trying to get me upside down on my TBSS by 2k. Then they would only go down to 34K on the jeep and the msrp was 37K.

I found out invoice on the thing was 33.5k. I keep seeing all these people on here saying they got their jeep at 25,000 - 27000 on a 32,000 $ jeep. How could you work a deal like that? That would be below invoice wouldnt it?
Many of the great deals that were had, took place during the period where Chrysler was closing dealerships and just wanted everything gone. The days of those deals are over, by the time you started looking production had stopped on the 09s and there weren't many to be had and as a result dealers were holding on to them and charging a premium. It's a good thing you didn't buy earlier, according to one of the sponsors here, he'll take delivery on the 19th of this month on the first batch of 2010 JKs. The new ones coming in, with dealers still holding on to some new 09s and even some 08s should make for good deals again. Hold on a few more weeks and you should be able to get a pretty good deal I would think.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 AM
gpb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jshrel24
Do some web research on dealer "invoice" pricing and a term called "holdback". Often the dealer's real cost is something closer to 3% below invoice. Then there are other incentives that come and go.

Take other people's claims with a grain of salt; see when it was that they bought. The market now is different from back in December/January. There are more folks out buying and less Jeeps to choose from. Dealers naturally will be less inclined to deal than they might have been in late December.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

sounds a little too high to me

Quick Reply: Gonna get the jeep, quick question about pricing