Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Going to RC to have some fun

Old 12-10-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to RC to have some fun

Here is my question im going on a trip with a few friends i have unlimited x with a 3" lift and 35s rock sliders and f/r bumber what spare parts should i bring are there any weak links or things i should worry about breaking
Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

That small pic of your jeep looks good. Don't try a bunch of stuff you don't feel ok about. Uh, there's a list of spare parts, or you could just tow another jeep to the trail and hope you don't need it. I'd bet if you talk to everyone on the forum you'll get a different part. My Third run out with a friend riding shotgun and I kinked a fuel line. Who'd think to bring a new fuel line. I've busted my axle (bent the housing) shafts, blown beads, hell my transfer case shifter cable even broke one time. On that last one we had to stick in 4hi and day over for me. My point is you never know, I guarantee there's people on this site who'd be shocked at a couple of the things I mentioned. Go and have fun, don't be a puss, but don't be stupid either.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks i dont mind tryin stuff its just a lil far from home thats all
Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tie wire, duck tape, zip ties, rtv, and a BFH (big f!@#$%^ hammer) that covers most evrything.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NYJKGUY
Here is my question im going on a trip with a few friends i have unlimited x with a 3" lift and 35s rock sliders and f/r bumber what spare parts should i bring are there any weak links or things i should worry about breaking
Depends on what you are going to run and how hard you are on your jeep. With the setup you have you should be fine running most of the green & blues at RC. You could also take on some of the blacks if you were so inclined. Just take it easy and you should be fine.

Some weak links I have found: If you haven't relocated your steering stabilizer, that is one thing that tends to get smashed. Diff covers are a wise investment. A lot of people also have had the CV boot on their drive shafts ripped up after a day at RC.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

SOLID has a great deal on there diff covers , and if you plan to do RC often you will need them
Old 12-11-2008, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys
Old 12-11-2008, 07:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Also engine skid plate would be a great idea.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Junkie

HiLift and some tow straps are always a good idea....
Old 12-11-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08
What about his EVAP? Would you relocate it or get a skid like the rockhard one?
im personally not planning on doing anything with mine. i doubt itll ever get ruined, but if it does, a new one cost less than the skids do (not to mention having the skid there doesnt guarantee it wont get ruined anyway) and the relo kit looks pretty involved to install..

Quick Reply: Going to RC to have some fun