Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Going Pantless?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going Pantless?

what;s the general consensus of going "pantless"?

(is that's what you guys call it when you remove the plastic in the wheel wheels?)

i sorta like the look, but am i gonna cause any problems with having things so wide open?
Old 09-20-2009, 09:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its called a skirt.....once you modify them they make alot of noise flapping around.

Alot of guys run without them as well as me. I have had no issues yet.

As far as going pantless make sure you have your doors on.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by rickc309
I refer to it as splash shields, In an area that doesn't deal with the winter snow, slush, and salt Id say it would be ok. But I wouldn't think of being without them if you have winters like we do in Illinois.
True
Old 09-20-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rickc309
I refer to it as splash shields, In an area that doesn't deal with the winter snow, slush, and salt Id say it would be ok. But I wouldn't think of being without them if you have winters like we do in Illinois.
I'll second that. What is ther purpose of taking the splash guards off?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I like to call em drawz. My jeep is not wearing drawz in the back, but it has them on in the front....

corey d
Old 09-20-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The front of my drawz was floppin, so I used zipties to keep it in place. Took the rear drawz off and black rubber coated it.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
The front of my drawz was floppin, so I used zipties to keep it in place. Took the rear drawz off and black rubber coated it.
Thats pretty much what i did. Actually, i wound up with a skid mark on my drawz from the tire stuffin up there.

corey d
Old 09-21-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kinda funny how the CA wheelers say dont bother with 'em The OP is an EastCoaster - unfortunately we need them

Stevedolce - I presume you're asking about the inner pants because you'll be trimming your stock fenders. It's pretty easy to chop the outer fenders AND keep enough of the inner pants to stop spray/snow/slush/whenever out of where it doesn't belong, and not interfere with the tires when stuffed.

The inner does anchor on one outer part that you'll cut-off. I drilled a hole in the frame and bolted the the inner to the frame to stop it flapping.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by westchester
Kinda funny how the CA wheelers say dont bother with 'em The OP is an EastCoaster - unfortunately we need them

Stevedolce - I presume you're asking about the inner pants because you'll be trimming your stock fenders. It's pretty easy to chop the outer fenders AND keep enough of the inner pants to stop spray/snow/slush/whenever out of where it doesn't belong, and not interfere with the tires when stuffed.

The inner does anchor on one outer part that you'll cut-off. I drilled a hole in the frame and bolted the the inner to the frame to stop it flapping.
Can you post a picture of what you did? Mine has been flapping ever since I put my front SRC bumper on. Getting a lot more wind in there now.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jwetzel
Can you post a picture of what you did? Mine has been flapping ever since I put my front SRC bumper on. Getting a lot more wind in there now.
I dont know if these will help. I dont believe mine flap.

You will notice in the pics that i used some of what i cut off to close up the gap between the liner and the metal of the fender. When you reinstall the liner, you will see what i mean. I used a zip tie at the bottom and i strategically trimmed the top part (of the part i cut off the flare) to tuck under the hard plastic support.

corey d

Quick Reply: Going Pantless?