Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Going from Hard Top to Soft soon

Old 04-17-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went TOPLESS TODAY...HOORAY!!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Prpltrck
Went TOPLESS TODAY...HOORAY!!
Yup... topless today, tomorrow, Sunday...
Old 04-17-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

My soft top goes on tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait!!!!!! Dinner at our favorite drive in for sure!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Is it just me but my dealer put mine up the first time for free. Yes it would be a PITA if I hadn't seen how it went up and how to remove it last fall. When I took it off I clearly marked where all the pieces go.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Junkie

I may switch mine out this weekend...forecast looks like 80 and sunny here in PA.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

I got the soft top on on Easter. I had two Top down days and it has been nasty ever since! :( My Summer doors (Best top Hardrock Doors, Enclosures and Tops) came in on Saturday and I'm waiting to get them on. The Enclosures are at the LineX shop. Hopefully I get everything back and have a good day to get everything on and fitted.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sooooo... I have a question for you dual toppers:

Once you install the soft top...brackets and all... do you leave it on (collapsed) when you put the hard top back on?

Or.... is it necessary to removed the soft top completely before putting the hard top back on?

I'm assuming that whatever bolts to the top of the windshield and the top of the doors must be removed...

I have a 2 dr.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartacus_33
Sooooo... I have a question for you dual toppers:

Once you install the soft top...brackets and all... do you leave it on (collapsed) when you put the hard top back on?

Or.... is it necessary to removed the soft top completely before putting the hard top back on?

I'm assuming that whatever bolts to the top of the windshield and the top of the doors must be removed...

I have a 2 dr.
I take my soft top out when I put the hard top on. There are plastic pieces that go over the doors that must come out as well as a piece for the rear window. Plus all the windows must come out of the soft top to take it down and its a real pain in the ass to put anything at all in the back if you store the soft top back there.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommyG
I take my soft top out when I put the hard top on. There are plastic pieces that go over the doors that must come out as well as a piece for the rear window. Plus all the windows must come out of the soft top to take it down and its a real pain in the ass to put anything at all in the back if you store the soft top back there.
OK...Thanks... I just watched the video and now see how it works.

I'm still considering buying a soft top. I built a Hard Top Puller to lift the hard top off, but with the intermittent sunny days here in the spring... that's still a PITA to take on and off.

I'm thinking it might be better to just get a soft top for the spring and fall.... and maybe just go completely topless in the summer.......
Old 04-22-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Put mine on 4/18 I even bought a new one this year for $500 locally. I should have taken pics because I was camping for Easter and still hadn't washed the jeep. So now I have a clean new roof and AEV snorkel on my muddy Rubi. oh and the one I purchased is Khaki and I think it looks better with the Rescue green than the black was.

Last edited by insanitize; 04-22-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Going from Hard Top to Soft soon