Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Going from auto to manual?

Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jk_sea
I I don't know how everyone else feels, but I prefer a manual in heavy traffic.
Haha u wut m8!?!?

I always get stuck between gears, or slow enough that 1st is too fast lol. As I said tho, still prefer to drive manual overall.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can learn on one for sure. I used to teach friends to drive manual on a Ford Festiva. Now that was a sweet ride. LOL. I had a 91 5.0 Mustang and a Mini Cooper now - both manual. For the Jeep, I went with an auto. The manual felt like I was driving a big rig. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2014, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My old 2010 jku was a 6 speed... I had a number of problems with the stick. Hopefully they fixed the issues since then. It would occasionally pop out of gear and it would also be difficult to put into gear. They recalled the inner shift boot, which made things better, but not fixed. I traded it in after 2 years for a 2013 with auto and have been much happier since. The factory remote start is great in the winter, it doesn't matter what I set the heat and the defroster at when I park... If the temp is below a certain point, it automagically blasts the heat and defroster.

Quick Reply: Going from auto to manual?