Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

going from 2 door to 4 door thoughts?

Old 04-12-2020, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

already ordered new tailgate, tailgate hinges, all new hinges for the door rock sliders/side steps. Looking at other things.as well. Not sure on the bumper, going to sand blast it and Rhino Coat it and see if I like it any better. Between Quadratec, ExtremeTerrain, Rough Country I'm having fun looking. Will post more pics once I get some the work done.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

update............ the end is in sight. lol actually was able to register it last Thursday (notary now open)...... getting finishing touches...... been a bit more involved then I originally thought. Tailgate has been replaced, along with hinges and hinge covers. Rear wiper motor and upper window seal. All new brakes, rotors, pads and calipers, along with a new gas tank skid plate. Came with a home made front bumper, that's gone and a oem bumper from a 2016 Wrangler is now on. Replaced all the hinges on the door, pulled the hood hinges off (sandblasted/repainted) and replaced. Note, none of the hinges had any original paint under them. Some had some bits of rust, took care of that and new hinges are on. Rock sliders were bad, removed them and replaced rock/side steps. All aspects of rust were removed, bottom/chassis was painted with chassis saver. Rims need touched up and front tires need replaced, along with an air bag recall and inspection. Replaced the original headlights with new LED (nothing too crazy) and replaced fog light bulbs with led ones. Once it's done I'll take lots of pics and post it. Been missing my jeep something fierce, especially when I pass one on the road and can't wave.

Quick Reply: going from 2 door to 4 door thoughts?