Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

going from 2 door to 4 door thoughts?

Old 12-26-2019, 08:51 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I prefer the two door, driving through the woods on our deer lease, I can go down a lot of trails they cut for the Polaris rangers and 4 wheelers, some turns are tight, but I can make them, in a 4 door it would be tough, or not make them at all,
the 4 door is probably a little smoother on the highway though, but I didn't get a Jeep for the highway.
Really just what ever you want
Old 12-26-2019, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Dat
I prefer the two door, driving through the woods on our deer lease, I can go down a lot of trails they cut for the Polaris rangers and 4 wheelers, some turns are tight, but I can make them, in a 4 door it would be tough, or not make them at all,
the 4 door is probably a little smoother on the highway though, but I didn't get a Jeep for the highway.
Really just what ever you want
I went from a 2012 4 door to a 2014 2 door and am pleasantly surprised that the 2 door rides as nice, if not a bit nicer on the highway. Seems to be smoother on bumps. Apples to apples since both were stock suspensions. The wind is a bigger effect on the 2 door.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:14 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

[QUOTE=The wind is a bigger effect on the 2 door.[/QUOTE]

How is the difference in driving in the rain on the highway?
Could just be my tires, but my two door can get kinda light on a road when it's raining pretty good
Old 12-26-2019, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

[quote=Dat]
Originally Posted by The wind is a bigger effect on the 2 door.[/QUOTE

How is the difference in driving in the rain on the highway?
Could just be my tires, but my two door can get kinda light on a road when it's raining pretty good
So far I haven't noticed any squirrelyness in the rain. I got brand new duratracs.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 2017 2dr and a 2014 4dr. The 2dr feels slightly more spry and slightly peppier. Both are great but getting passengers into the rear seat is far easier in the 4dr as expected.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I do that as well, either up in Perry County or southern Lancaster County. Some nice scenery and backroads and then a old country bar in some little town. Good times!
Old 04-03-2020, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm back, sold my 2 door few weeks back and just found a 4 door that fit my needs and budget. Found a 2007 Rubicon 4 door with 130k miles on it, one owner. Has both hard and soft top, tires are good, inside/seats look good. Navigation/bluetooth, power windows and doors (both remotes) and the previous owner hasn't shut off Satellite radio yet. Front bumper is aftermarket and will be replaced. Has some surface rust and issues with the tailgage (backed into a pole) that makes me think I'll replace it. Picked it up for $2k less than I sold my 2011 JK Sport soft top for. Already got Quadratec web site up.

Old 04-10-2020, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice....
4drs are better.
The following users liked this post:
chez323 (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lots more room..... it's at the garage, needs a few tweaks...... rear tailgate was pretty rough, replacing it and the hinges. Same with all 4 doors, bought replacement hinges and since it has no side step/rails replacing the rock sliders with ones that have steps for the girls. It does seem to sit a little higher than my Sport which had 33's and 1 1/4" body lift. Rear wiper motor had some issues so bought a new one to replace it with. Haven't driven it much as all the notary's around here are closed. I did add it to my insurance and I have a bill of sale and the title is signed over to me. Looking for a deal on some used Rubicon rims to replace the ones on it currently but that's not a priority.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chez323
lots more room..... it's at the garage, needs a few tweaks...... rear tailgate was pretty rough, replacing it and the hinges. Same with all 4 doors, bought replacement hinges and since it has no side step/rails replacing the rock sliders with ones that have steps for the girls. It does seem to sit a little higher than my Sport which had 33's and 1 1/4" body lift. Rear wiper motor had some issues so bought a new one to replace it with. Haven't driven it much as all the notary's around here are closed. I did add it to my insurance and I have a bill of sale and the title is signed over to me. Looking for a deal on some used Rubicon rims to replace the ones on it currently but that's not a priority.
damn. Thats sucks. But atleast you have reasons to upgrade lol

Quick Reply: going from 2 door to 4 door thoughts?