Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Go Pro sale

Old 11-29-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littlecricket
this is the first version btw not the hero2 just fyi
Oh yeah I probably should have specified that. But it is the 1080p version not the 960. So its normaly 240 and now its 150.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

the hero2 has a few more features and is supposed to be newer/faster/better/etc.

not that this isn't a good deal, it is.

I just didn't want anyone to rush and buy it thinking it was the newer version... unless I'm mistaken in which case flame away.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by littlecricket
the hero2 has a few more features and is supposed to be newer/faster/better/etc.

not that this isn't a good deal, it is.

I just didn't want anyone to rush and buy it thinking it was the newer version... unless I'm mistaken in which case flame away.

No you are correct. The new one is 300 and is supposedly better. It has an 11mp camera for still pictures vs 5mp on the original. And of course other things but that is one big thing I noticed.

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
I have the motorsports HD one that cost $299. Is this the same package or did mine come with other stuff?
You might have gotten the Hero 2 Motorsports.

This is the 2nd generation one: http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero2-motorsports-edition/

And this is the one for sale on ebay: http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-motorsports-hero-camera/

Hopefully that helps clear everything up
Old 11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
I have the motorsports HD one that cost $299. Is this the same package or did mine come with other stuff?
If it is the Hero2, then it is not the same. That is the newer version that has a faster frame rate (still 1080P like the original HD). If you don't have the Hero2, then it is the same one. They just lowered the prices with the new ones coming out. The new ones are selling for what the first one originally sold for.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the HD Hero 2. I bought it from a guy on craigslist a couple of weeks ago still in the packaging for $125 (its the motorsports version). It has a much better sensor than the previous version. So far I've been pretty happy with it.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by offcamber
I have the HD Hero 2. I bought it from a guy on craigslist a couple of weeks ago still in the packaging for $125 (its the motorsports version). It has a much better sensor than the previous version. So far I've been pretty happy with it.
X2 on that. Love my Hero2

Quick Reply: Go Pro sale