Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

GM says bankruptcy excuses it from repairs

Old 08-20-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mycoke
Did you read the article? What the woman wants is beyond the written warranty. New GM will honor all written warranties. Will they just fork over money because some gold diggin lawyer asked them to? No! Maybe it was a bad design and the problem is actually GM's fault. Because it's outside the scope of any written warranty, the lady needs to sue Old GM.
“Let me say this as plainly as I can. If you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired just like always,” Obama said in a speech. “Your warranty will be safe. In fact, it will be safer than it has ever been. Because starting today, the United States will stand behind your warranty.”

NOPE!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Petris

“Let me say this as plainly as I can. If you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired just like always,” Obama said in a speech. “Your warranty will be safe. In fact, it will be safer than it has ever been. Because starting today, the United States will stand behind your warranty.”

NOPE!
Obama loves you and all the other little trolls. Sleep well at night knowing that, my, friend.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not a whole lotta info on the customers car...I am sure all the important details have been left out on purpose. 6k miles on which set of tires? How many miles on the car? Did I miss any if this vital info?
Old 08-20-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Troll harder next time there OP.

This issue has nothing to do with a warranty issue from how I see it. She is asking for something above and beyond.

You haven't seen horrible warranty coverage until you've owned VW, it doesn't matter what it is, they find ways to deny it trust me. My air bags quit, they blamed it on me, my fuel line blew, blamed it on me, head gasket blew, they said I had been bouncing the motor off the redline. None of this is true, and none of it could have been proven. It took months for me to get stuff resolved. Does this mean I hate VW yes, does it mean everyone else should, nope.

The fact is, everyone is a critic. Hate Chrysler, hate GM, hate Ford, just remember your opinion is your opinion and no one elses. I have never had an issue with a warranty claim on my old XJ and my parents have never owned anything that is not a Chrysler product, going on 30ish years. No warranty claim issues with them either. Even their current Cherokee has had a few warranty claims and nothing has even been said, fixed timely and sent along.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

GM is honoring their warranties. They even did warranty work on my wife's Saturn. I would guess if they were going to ignore any warranty it would be on one of their brands they shuttered. These companies know if they do not honor the previous warranties they would lose a lot of customers, which they can not afford to do.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mijku
GM is honoring their warranties. They even did warranty work on my wife's Saturn. I would guess if they were going to ignore any warranty it would be on one of their brands they shuttered. These companies know if they do not honor the previous warranties they would lose a lot of customers, which they can not afford to do.
YEP, well put!!!!

Quick Reply: GM says bankruptcy excuses it from repairs