Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Give Me Some Excuses!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeb
C'Mon man... You can do this!

You're breaking my heart Mac! Be a strong example for those of us that are gearing up to engage in matromony! Show us that a man NEVER has to give up NFL Sundays unless it's absolutely necessary! Be a leader. Do the right thing.
NFL Sunday > Wife's Birthday = Angry Wife, No Sex

Wife's Birthday > NFL Sunday = Happy Wife, Sex, and no ammunition to use against me when I buy new Jeep parts!

(Although, I did make sure the Cowboys were on a bye this weekend before I agreed to the trip! Of course, they haven't been playing for the last few weekends anyhow. )
Old 11-06-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Macavity
Ok, so I have to drive the family to Little Rock on Sunday for my wife and father-in-laws annual birthday lunch. It's bad enough I have to give up NFL Sunday, but don't force me to drive the Honda minivan, too! She is using the better gas mileage and DVD entertainment for the kids against me.

I need some good excuses for taking the Jeep instead! (Besides using the Sirius to listen to football the whole time )
Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....here ya go...

http://www.wunderground.com/US/TN/Cordova.html

iffin ya look real close Monday you guys have a 40% chance of thunderstorms...you could tell her your weather today which is 90% chance of thunderstorms has merged through the weekend with the bad weather coming on Monday which was moved up sooner to Sunday "they think"...it's not technically lying because "they think" simply covers the weather inaccuracies which most weather stations have anyway, so it's just a lil white lie is all .

Bad weather = Take the JK...much much safer
Old 11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Brigitta
Not so fast, my husband does whatever he likes. We've owned every type of 4WD vehicle, motorcycles, quads, boats, sandrails, and now he thinks he wants a truggy.

I HATE minivans!! My husband has owned VW vans, 4WD vans, and even a 4WD solid axle Astro van. We also converted our motorhome to 4WD. He can have whatever he wants as long as it's paid for. (No buying on credit)

I have been his "girl friday", junk yard gopher, and spotter for over 24 years. We have 3 awesome kids, I still am the same size I was on our first date, and I keep my hair long just like he likes it.

Just because some men choose women who don't share their hobbies isn't the women's fault.

All I can say is, choose wisely men!!
spoken like a true Spartan female warrior , LilSassy would aprove this message (been watching too many political commercials...sorry)
Old 11-06-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

let the air out of the tires on the minivan and blame it on some kid in the neighborhood.

lose the minivan keys.

sell the minivan and buy another jeep.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:34 AM
JK Freak

If you sold the minivan and got another Jeep, you would never be in this predicament again.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brigitta
Not so fast, my husband does whatever he likes. We've owned every type of 4WD vehicle, motorcycles, quads, boats, sandrails, and now he thinks he wants a truggy.

I HATE minivans!! My husband has owned VW vans, 4WD vans, and even a 4WD solid axle Astro van. We also converted our motorhome to 4WD. He can have whatever he wants as long as it's paid for. (No buying on credit)

I have been his "girl friday", junk yard gopher, and spotter for over 24 years. We have 3 awesome kids, I still am the same size I was on our first date, and I keep my hair long just like he likes it.

Just because some men choose women who don't share their hobbies isn't the women's fault.

All I can say is, choose wisely men!!
I can see your husband is a lucky guy!!!! I have had all kinds of toys too, I'm really into atvs, so I usually take trips, me and my wife have done a few long ATV trips over the years, so we have a lot of fun with those, It is just sad to see how a lot of guys deal with their wifes, often you read they actually have to even ask for permission to get the jeep dirty, I guess I wasn't talking about myself so much, as I don't have to ask for permission to buy parts or toys, That has to do a lot with being financially OK, and also understanding your likes, I have no idea why my wife would need a new purse, or that expensive ring, but I don't question it, just like I don't like to be questioned. as for what vehicle to take, if I'm driving I choose which car (or jeep) we're driving, as you said choose your woman wisely

Quick Reply: Give Me Some Excuses!