Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Girls dont do the jeep wave??

Old 03-10-2013, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

most here wave , two or four doors , enthusiastically too !
Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz
I don't wave to the four doors unless they are lifted. Usually soccer moms and Dads that have no clue what a Jeep Thing is.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
Actually, I get waved at by quite a few soccer moms and dads in business suits in the 4 door JKs. So maybe you guys are really just that ugly where people are afraid to wave at you, or you should learn to stop judging people based upon your preconceived stigma's and look a little more friendlier and these types of people might start waving at you. A Jeep, is a Jeep, is a Jeep and I wave at all of them. If you don't realize this, then maybe it's YOU who doesn't have a clue what a Jeep This is.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Actually, I get waved at by quite a few soccer moms and dads in business suits in the 4 door JKs. So maybe you guys are really just that ugly where people are afraid to wave at you, or you should learn to stop judging people based upon your preconceived stigma's and look a little more friendlier and these types of people might start waving at you. A Jeep, is a Jeep, is a Jeep and I wave at all of them. If you don't realize this, then maybe it's YOU who doesn't have a clue what a Jeep This is.
What he said.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Alot of people buy a jeep only to use 4wd if they have to , not to actually go wheeling. These are the people that have no idea of the jeep lifestyle .
Old 03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dahreno
Alot of people buy a jeep only to use 4wd if they have to , not to actually go wheeling. These are the people that have no idea of the jeep lifestyle .
Let me get this straight now, so what you're saying is that people only know about the Jeep lifestyle if they go wheeling?

It seems like a lot of you seem to have a lot of unwritten "rules" to become a part of this elite "Jeep lifestyle" wave club you keep referring to. Maybe, if this wasn't such an elite and exclusive club that some of you are trying to create, to put your egos at a higher state of being than other driving Wranglers, then maybe more people driving JK's would wave to you guys more often huh? Or God forbid, if some of these people who don't go wheeling initiate a wave and get you to wave back huh?

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-10-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Hey rednroll , don't wave to me , I won't wave back . You only drive a Sahara HA HA ! I am only saying that alot of people have no idea there are forums you can go to , to learn about jeeps and other things . I am not saying that I am part of an elite group . You just have to look into the wheeling community to find some things out . How else would one know about the jeep wave ? How did you find out ? Osmosis ? By the way , now that I think about it , I am part of the Jeeping elite . I drive this . You may bow now ![IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

How did I find out? When I 1st bought my JK my best friend went to the dealer to drop me off, so I could drive her home. He told me he had driven a CJ years ago and told me about the wave. He never wheeled his CJ. I had friends over one night that same week, where my friend's daughter was an 18 year old driving a TJ and she was envious of my JKU, but asked me, "Don't you love the Jeep Wave every time another Wrangler passes you?".

A friend I work with drive's a Corvette and saw my JKU when I 1st got it. He said to me, "hey you know Wranglers wave at each other when they pass, it's pretty cool....people in Vette's do the same type of thing".

So yeah, within 1 week of me purchasing my JKU, 3 people had told me about the Jeep wave and NONE of them were wheelers and 2 of them didn't even currently own a Jeep, and the other one fell into that group of "Girls Don't wave" club this thread is talking about.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Rednroll , so serious ,lighten up man ! To be honest with you though , I am the first person to stop and help a fellow wheeler if they have a problem on road or the trail . I really don't care if someone waves or not . I live in a 4 wheeling community , there are to many jeeps and other 4 wheelers here to be concerned about a wave .
Old 03-10-2013, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Let me guess. ..this is your first Jeep. You schooling me on the Jeep thing.... Thanks. You don't know me. I have been a Jeeper for over 20 years. Let me tell you that the scene has changed. Waving doesn't make you special and there is no elite club you are talking about. You don't have to feel left out. It just doesn't exist.

You need to chill out dude; it's not that serious. You are here because you love your Jeep. I think that's great. Was personally attacking me really necessary? I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TL8wqSY.gif
Views:	13
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	680123

Last edited by shockwaveaz; 03-10-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz
Let me guess. ..this is your first Jeep. You schooling me on the Jeep thing. Thanks. You don't know me. You should know that I have been a Jeeper for over 20 years. Let me tell you that the scene had changed. Waving doesn't make you special and there is no elite club you are talking about. You don't have to feel left out. It just doesn't exist.

You need to chill out dude; it's not that serious. You are here because you love your Jeep. I think that's great. Was personally attacking me really necessarily? I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I mean it. I'm sorry.

Sorry, you felt like I was attacking you because I pointed out how closed minded you are being and how set in your ways you have grown accustom. Maybe, YOU need to lighten up Francis, because I didn't feel like I was personally attacking you at all, just pointed out your obvious closed minded behavior.

and YES, I am schooling you and owning my 1st Jeep, because you obviously need to be schooled, since here you go again with this snobbish know it all behavior, of "I've been driving Jeeps since 1942, this is my 80th Jeep owned and I know everything, and you know nothing bullsh*t." I guess, your stubborn and snobbish personality didn't catch on the 1st time when I tried to point these things out to you in a nice manor, so now you want to bring that B.S. attitude at me, to further prove the exact point I'm talking about. Thanks!!!

How about you tell me, how you're in some elite off road club, where you and your buddies in that club have regular weekly Jeep wave meetings, so you can once again put yourself on a pedestal, above other Jeepers and explain how all the rest of us are just too stupid to not get this "Jeep thing"?

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-10-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Girls dont do the jeep wave??