Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

getting through to quadratec

Old 05-05-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default getting through to quadratec

Is there some trick to get through to quadratec? I was on hold for 9 minutes and never heard a human. I know 9 minutes isn't that long, but they only have like 5 different adds playing about their jeep essentials catalog. I couldn't take anymore and hung up.

I guess I will try again later.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
Is there some trick to get through to quadratec? I was on hold for 9 minutes and never heard a human. I know 9 minutes isn't that long, but they only have like 5 different adds playing about their jeep essentials catalog. I couldn't take anymore and hung up.

I guess I will try again later.
hold on for 10min
Old 05-05-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never tried calling but everytime I have dealt with the online (used website/sent email) it has been very quick.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
JK Jedi

lol. I think I am just impatient. Maybe I should just try again tomorrow. I always get the feeling that they are answering the line as I am hanging up.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
JK Junkie

9 minutes really isnt that long.... Im usually on hold for a few minutes whenever I call there, but most of the time it isnt longer then 15 minutes. Some of the manufacturer's I deal with at work are a guaranteed 30-45 minutes of hold time..then MAYBE I'll get someone who can helpme... but usually Im put on hold again... that drives me insane

Last edited by bly109; 05-05-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
9 minutes really isnt that long.... Im usually on hold for a few minutes whenever I call there, but most of the time it isnt longer then 15 minutes. Some of the manufacturer's I deal with at work are a guaranteed 30-45 minutes of hold time..then MAYBE I'll get someone who can helpme... but usually Im put on hold again... that drives me insane
30-45 minutes??? I wouldn't hold that long for anyone or any company! That's poor customer service and I'd take my business elsewhere!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Jedi

I dunno why companies don't just have voicemail. I left David at Northridge 4x4 a voicemail and before I even finished leaving it, he was calling me back. It would have been ok with me if it was 4 hours later though (or whenever convinient)... as long as I didn't have to hold for who knows how long? I guess I have been getting spoiled dealing with guys like joe at teraflex and david at northridge.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Jedi

oh btw... I didn't post this to complain... I just thought maybe there was some number I could dial that was better or some series of buttons that summond a human being. When I worked in pharmacy I had to deal with insurance companies all the time that had never ending hold, and some of them could get a human on the end by pushing certain buttons.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:03 PM
JK Super Freak

My phone went out (land line not cell).

I know how to check to see if the problem was in my house or in the wire.

It was in the wire. I called Verision. God almighty it is an automated system that uses voice recognision and went on and on with these inane questions.

At one point I just said in frustration "Oh Jesus Christ!" I got answered back "I'm sorry I didn't understand you."

At that point I yelled "I want to talk to a F--King human being". Well it evendently was programed to understand that. It answered back "One moment I'll connect you". And did so right away.

Maybe you should have just yelled into the phone
Old 05-05-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was also on hold with them for a long long time. I got frustrated.

Quick Reply: getting through to quadratec