Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Getting ready to go topless & doorless

Old 02-14-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You said "we" are taking a trip. Assuming "we" means your girlfriend/wife. If your trip is longer than a couple of hours I highly suggest driving with the top and doors on and stripping down when you get to your location.. Driving naked can get old fast on a long trip. Between the wind beating you to death and not being able to hear it becomes very exausting. If its in the summertime you will get burnt fast.
Plus any long hair even in a pony tail will feel like whip lashing in just a short period of time.
I'll drive to the beach for example, then take the doors and top off and store them where ever we are staying. If its going to rain then I put them back on.

About two hours down the road between the wind blowing, hair whipping, getting caught in a rain storm, you will never hear the end of it.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07BLUEJK
You said "we" are taking a trip. Assuming "we" means your girlfriend/wife. If your trip is longer than a couple of hours I highly suggest driving with the top and doors on and stripping down when you get to your location.. Driving naked can get old fast on a long trip. Between the wind beating you to death and not being able to hear it becomes very exausting. If its in the summertime you will get burnt fast.
Plus any long hair even in a pony tail will feel like whip lashing in just a short period of time.
I'll drive to the beach for example, then take the doors and top off and store them where ever we are staying. If its going to rain then I put them back on.

About two hours down the road between the wind blowing, hair whipping, getting caught in a rain storm, you will never hear the end of it.
ROFLOL.. That might be the best advice yet.... Nothing is more important than keeping the wife happy when lodging away from home..

I'll do some 'test' trips before commiting to do a 2 hour drive door free..... you may be onto something there.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

X2 on the top up for long trips. Went from Boston to Philly one day last summer with the top down, halfway through I pulled over and put it up cuz my forearms were so burned.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default if you have a Jeep girl...

... Dont worry about it.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ...if you DONT...

... prepare to never go out again...
Old 07-25-2012, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

The best part of top off is not being able to hear the wife...

Quick Reply: Getting ready to go topless & doorless