Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gecko and other awaited colors

Old 01-29-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Shows - Gecko

Anyone going to the Chicago Auto Show or other auto shows starting in February? Take a camera and snap some pictures of any Gecko Wranglers and post them. Keep your eyes open for a Stinger Yellow Dodge Charger Super Bee or Dodge Challenger Yellow Jacket. Hopefully that yellow will be available on Wrangler by 2013 models.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Check colors tab to view Gecko.

http://www.carquotes.com/jeep/wrangler/2012
Old 02-04-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone looking for bright colors better jump...
Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

I'm a fan of the colors available back in the first couple years of this model, I liked the Tan that was available last year but I can do with out the red derivatives they have now. I had a Khaki 2003 tj which at first I didn't really care for at first either, but over the years I grew to love it, hopefully they bring back another tan, they don't do those as often.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was at the dealership yesterday having some service work done, and while I was waiting I picked up a 2012 Wrangler brochure. They featured the Gecko pearlcoat under the colours section??
Old 02-04-2012, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

The tan TJ was actually my favorite color for the TJ's. I was always a fan of earth tones on wranglers and favorite colors are the jeep green and last years tan. I actually own a mango tango which I thought was best looking color for 2010 as 2010 lost my initial decision of picking up jeep green. I have no regrets but my heart lies with green wranglers.
If this gecko is as promising as it seems I might actually trade mine in as I really miss nice looking green colors on wranglers which the truck deserves. I had two YJs that I painted green. First was an British style green and another got painted the jeep green metallic which I fell in love with when I saw in on a liberty which had the color a year before the JK's came out. Best looking color on any jeep! I must say.
Oh plus the new engine is a huge bonus if I trade in.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the gecko color would be good as a expedition vehicle color. I like to see different color options as well, but I'm a big fan of darker reds so I stuck with red rock for my 09 and deep cherry for my 12.

On a side note, did anyone else notice the tires on the green Jeep on the Canada site? They say Bridgestone Dueler H/T but have the BFGoodrich tread!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonix
I was at the dealership yesterday having some service work done, and while I was waiting I picked up a 2012 Wrangler brochure. They featured the Gecko pearlcoat under the colours section??
Tell them you want to order one and see what they say...
Old 02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Red rock is a hot new color. Makes the vehicle look more expensive, that's what's so cool about it
Old 02-10-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tgeep
Orangutan: Your Sunburst Orange color was one of the better colors in the last 5 years.

Gecko is still on track to be available to order early February. Hoping it looks very near like the Kawasaki motorcycle.
Thanks, she was only a 6 month color. Agree with a Kawasaki likeness, hope Jeep has the shine.., I like the new orange however they look flat to me.., no pop like detonator.

Quick Reply: Gecko and other awaited colors