Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gecko and other awaited colors

Old 01-17-2012, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

On UK page, Gecko

http://www.jeep.co.uk/wrangler/special_order
Old 01-18-2012, 08:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default Gecko and other colors

This site below is fun to play with and already shows some 2013 colors for Challenger and Charger like Sublime Green (close to Gecko but is a different paint code) and Plum Crazy, which I like a lot.

paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?model=Jeep&page=7&rows=50

Color Codes - Jeep Paint Cross-Reference - page 7 of 7

My dealer will only order a Gecko colored Sport (in early February, or whenever available to order) for stock in order to see what it looks like before they'll order a more expensive Rubicon as potential stock in the Gecko color. They won't order a Rubicon to my specs and then let me decide if I like the color because they don't want a Rubicon in a questionable color sitting on their lot if I don't take it. So I may not get to see the Gecko color on the actual vehicle until the middle or end of March. Ouch.

Last edited by Sharkey; 01-18-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: No links to non-sponsors please
Old 01-19-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Gecko and other colors

Estimated time to be able to order Wranglers in Gecko Green color has changed from early February to mid-February. Jeep representative thought the Gecko color looks similar to the green on the Kawasaki bikes. In 2012 the Kawasaki color is called Candy Lime Green and looks pretty good.

As an aside, best guess is Volcano Edition may be officially announced in February/March. Other than the name, the only current information is that it will be available on Sahara. My hope is that it is available in Detonator or Stinger yellow (lava flow is bright yellow among other colors).
Old 01-19-2012, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must be one sick bastard, cause I like that Gecko green! I also liked the Cosmos blue--A LOT.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Repo503
I dont care for any of the fastnfurious colors, dozer, detonator, gecko...all look like they were pulled from the lamborghini options sheet, not my taste at all.
Good thing everyone does not like same color or this would be a boring hobby. Personally think bright colors make the jeep a little sportier looking box.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by CLOTAGAMES

Good thing everyone does not like same color or this would be a boring hobby. Personally think bright colors make the jeep a little sportier looking box.
I agree. I would get tired of looking at the same colors going down the road. I actually wish they would release more color options...
Old 01-19-2012, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't like bright colors, wait.... Things will change.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Bright colors usually get me anxious about the wave..., as I have a mile to question if I will get a response.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Orangutan
Bright colors usually get me anxious about the wave..., as I have a mile to question if I will get a response.
Hahahah!

Valid point.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Orangutan
Orangutan: Your Sunburst Orange color was one of the better colors in the last 5 years.

Gecko is still on track to be available to order early February. Hoping it looks very near like the Kawasaki motorcycle.

Also heard the Arctic Edition is no longer available to order. But good news for you Winter Chill people, the Winter Chill should be available to order in early March. Saw Winter Chill and there is just enough blue coming through to not to appear more silver than blue, if that makes sense.

Quick Reply: Gecko and other awaited colors