Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gecko and other awaited colors

Old 01-09-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgeep
Dozer is also horrid. Gecko as shown in the brochure may be horrid but I've recently seen a Ram truck in what could be called Gecko and it looked pretty good so many have been waiting to see it in the metal. Detonator Yellow or the new Stinger Yellow in the Dodge Charger and Challenger would be my preference. What a sad color year!
Gecko looks good.....really does. But you are wrong about Dozer it rocks. To date one of the best Jeep colors of all time!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree with the last guy... DOZER ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Never fear.... Gecko will be here!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Upwings

I like that Jeep offers different varied and quirky colors. I just don't happen to like those I've seen this year. Dozer is liked by many but to me it looks just like taxi cab yellow and road sign yellow as well as Caterpillar yellow. Your Detonator yellow is to my liking. Hope Stinger Yellow comes on line soon. The Donlen site and others I've seen all indicated Gecko is coming which is why I grilled the Jeep customer service guy this morning when he said Gecko production has come and gone. I told him I thought his supervisor was wrong and I got the standard "Is their anything else I can help you with?" Geesh.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgeep
I like that Jeep offers different varied and quirky colors. I just don't happen to like those I've seen this year. Dozer is liked by many but to me it looks just like taxi cab yellow and road sign yellow as well as Caterpillar yellow. Your Detonator yellow is to my liking. Hope Stinger Yellow comes on line soon. The Donlen site and others I've seen all indicated Gecko is coming which is why I grilled the Jeep customer service guy this morning when he said Gecko production has come and gone. I told him I thought his supervisor was wrong and I got the standard "Is their anything else I can help you with?" Geesh.
Mine is Dozer... not Detonator.

I believe Gecko starts production late this month or early February.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love my flame red but I would trade it in a heartbeat for this color
Old 01-10-2012, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I remember the rust color Doodges started rolling off the line and now we have a variation called Mango. Not sure where they got the green for this new one from, should be interesting to see what it would look like done up. I picture a roof rack tent and a huge bumper on front and rear sporting a winch and about 1/2 dozen jerry cans.......big tires and a long arm suspension, I don't think anyone would bug you about the color then!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I dont care for any of the fastnfurious colors, dozer, detonator, gecko...all look like they were pulled from the lamborghini options sheet, not my taste at all.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default Gecko gone???

Called Jeep Customer Service today and spoke to someone other than the guy I spoke to yesterday. She said Gecko is still listed to be available for orders in early February. I asked her if Gecko is listed as a pearl color and her information says no. I also reported the guy who gave the bogus information yesterday.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Freak

Gecko isn't listed as a pearl coat ... looks like a 1970 Duster color.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Wrangler Paint Guide.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	262563  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

Yea I can see this color nicely on an expedition rig.

I frequently regret not getting my jeep when they had rescue green. Honestly, that color had a lot to do with me looking at jeeps for my next car. None of the new colors did it for me so just went silver.

Quick Reply: Gecko and other awaited colors