Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gecko and other awaited colors

Old 01-09-2012, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gecko and other awaited colors

Just spoke to Jeep customer service representative at 877-426-5337 inquiring about Gecko release. His supervisor told him Gecko was PREVIOUSLY released as a limited availability color to certain dealerships and production has already ceased. He wouldn't or couldn't give me the dates the Gecko color was supposedly produced. Basically a small limited supply of Geckos were built and there will be no more. I told him this was a smack in the face of everything I had heard while waiting for this color since last September and that my regular calls to his customer service number had never told me anything other than the Gecko color was late availability after the first of the year 2012. I pressed him several times that this could not be correct but he said it was. This is very frustrating!

Can anyone verify this? And possibly could Stinger Yellow become available instead?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

I was told by my dealer that Jeep only made a couple as a trial and decided against it for production.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

NOOOOOOOOOOO this can't be true! This was going to be my first Jeep! WTH!?!?!?!?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a horrid color.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you are really that sad VW does make cars in Gecko Green as well, convertible too!

Exterior Color Gecko Green / Cream Roof

ht tp://www.getauto.com/2007/volkswagen/new-beetle/convertible/kansas/mission/2007-volkswagen-new-beetle-details_7793480

Last edited by Absolute; 01-17-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: clicky
Old 01-09-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Dozer is also horrid. Gecko as shown in the brochure may be horrid but I've recently seen a Ram truck in what could be called Gecko and it looked pretty good so many have been waiting to see it in the metal. Detonator Yellow or the new Stinger Yellow in the Dodge Charger and Challenger would be my preference. What a sad color year!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Agreed. I was waiting to see it on metal. If that was a no go then I was going for white to eventually be painted lol. The2012 color palette really stinks IMO. For such a drastic engine change you'd think they would have gone all out...
Old 01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FLJK12
NOOOOOOOOOOO this can't be true! This was going to be my first Jeep! WTH!?!?!?!?

I'm right there with ya brother....I think it rocks!!!
Now what to do???
But why would it be listed as a color option on the jeep website???

Last edited by Jeepersteve; 01-09-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLJK12
Agreed. I was waiting to see it on metal. If that was a no go then I was going for white to eventually be painted lol. The2012 color palette really stinks IMO. For such a drastic engine change you'd think they would have gone all out...
Don't get white if you plan to re-paint. Get black instead. That way things like the engine compartment and the B pillar can be left as is (B pillar for soft uppers like I have) and it still looks good. Plus all the interior is the primary body color and black looks fine again as is. I bought my 08 new in black to re-paint it in an orange when it comes out. I owned a solar yellow TJ, so I didn't want yellow again. Crush is out and a re-paint is now in queue!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

According to this site, production of Gecko Pearl Coat is scheduled to begin on 1/31. Winter Chill Pearl Coat without the Arctic package is supposedly coming on 2/14. This site is usually pretty accurate with dates, so keep an eye on it for updates. The last update was 1/4.

h t t p://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

Quick Reply: Gecko and other awaited colors