Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gasoline Cry Babies

Old 01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glick
What's funny is that I'm waiting for someone to tell me how terribly wrong I am for even suggesting that some of the MPG CRY BABIES are only on this forum because they want someone to powder their ass and tell them that the mileage gets better. !!

Uh.....excuse me.....where can I go to get my ass powdered?......
Old 01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm ok with my economy when i compare it to the loaner durango quad cab i have now i have a jeep that is 10x the vehicle the durago is and use 2L more per 100kms it is all relative.

only thing i see suckin is when gas hits a 1.50$ per Litre thats like 5$ a gallon. and probably will happen with in the next 5 years, all it would take is for one refinery to go down, why doesn't some north american country step up and order these big oil companies to open more refineries, one storm or one industrial accident and the prices jump. cost to economy out weighs cost of new refinery each time a bump happens.
we as north americans need to step up and force governments to take action.

windshield washer fluid will be jumping up to 5 $ a gallon why cause some methanol refinery in chile is off line. come on get a grip.

nuclear radiology testing was rationed cause some nuclear facility in ontario that makes 80% of the worlds medical grade isotopes goes off line longer than expected....government orders them back on line after public and world pressure regardless of safety issues at a nuclear facility.

what are the benefits to being a member of OPEC anyhow! we produce our own gas from our oil in north america, do we really need world oil?
Old 01-12-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

A-Men Brother. Mine came with a sticker like yours did, I don't remember what the numbers were though. I didn't buy it for the gas mileage. I bought my jeep for the same reason I bought the last two jeeps I had, and that was so I can go places most people don't go. I've lifted it, put larger tires on it, and this week I'll be setting up an appointment to have the front end locked.

People are always asking me what kind of mileage it gets, I shrug my shoulders and say I guess somewhere between 15 and 20? I don't know, I don't check it. I didn't buy the thing for the gas mileage. It's a jeep for pete's sake. It's not made to go the places a Prius or a volkswagen goes and do the things they do.

I mean I will spend 8 to 10 hrs a day crawling around the woods when I go, up and down hills in my jeep, basically going nowhere. If I were worried about mileage I'd prob be sitting at home doing whatever "green" people do trying not to use up fuel.

Ok, I'll shut up now, that just kinda struck a nerve.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP

only thing i see suckin is when gas hits a 1.50$ per Litre thats like 5$ a gallon. and probably will happen with in the next 5 years, all it would take is for one refinery to go down, why doesn't some north american country step up and order these big oil companies to open more refineries, one storm or one industrial accident and the prices jump. cost to economy out weighs cost of new refinery each time a bump happens.
we as north americans need to step up and force governments to take action.

windshield washer fluid will be jumping up to 5 $ a gallon why cause some methanol refinery in chile is off line. come on get a grip.

nuclear radiology testing was rationed cause some nuclear facility in ontario that makes 80% of the worlds medical grade isotopes goes off line longer than expected....government orders them back on line after public and world pressure regardless of safety issues at a nuclear facility.

what are the benefits to being a member of OPEC anyhow! we produce our own gas from our oil in north america, do we really need world oil?
The cost to put a new refinery in action is in the billions, that and the fact that the enviromentalists won't allow them to be built. Top that with the fact that all of the money is given to finding a "new" form of energy, wether it be hydrogen or whatever. We will never see another refinery built. The investment would never give the big oil companies a return on the dollar. More refined gas equals lower prices equals lower profit.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by glick
Why is it that the idiots buying Jeeps these days don't have the sense that GOD gave a field mouse?
What does that even mean? Don't forget that these "idiots" you speak of aren't just buying Jeeps.

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
I don't know why everyone wants a diesel, they are more costly at the time of purchase and if no one noticed its about $0.30 more a gallon, where is your savings?
Bingo. I'm all for nixing a diesel option. If I wanted a diesel I'd buy a tractor trailer or an R10.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gifford888
I agree 100% -- If you can't afford it -- don't buy it!
What he said
Old 01-12-2008, 05:30 PM
tin
JK Newbie

people bending over and lubing up is the reason why DC has never really invested in trying to improve the build quality or efficiency of the wrangler. As long as people expect 1980's cutting edge engine technology then that's what they will get. What's wrong with asking why jeep can't delivery better fuel economy. $4 a gallon is coming.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tin
$4 a gallon is coming.
And so is $5, $6, & $7 a gallon. The price of gas will always increase. It's not worth complaining about because it's inevitable.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default economics 101

Originally Posted by echofoxtrot
The more people complain the sooner we get a desiel.

I don't think there is anything wrong with complaining, that's how things get changed. BTW I think I get good gas mileage, it's all relative.
That's about the most "ninny" thing I have ever heard. Businesses do not bring out products because people complain, but because they can make money by bringing it out. They do not bring out a product to shut people up.

Good God man!

Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

First off I have to disagree. The JK is not a cinder block, neither is it a billboard sign. If you have not noticed the JK has aerodynamics just like all the new fancy cars have. They have improved on the original Jeep and ever so slightly tilted the grill back a bit. This has greatly improved aerodynamics and thus gas mileage has improved to please the soccer moms. And they are happy, sir.

That said, I have no clue what I get for gas mileage and I don't care. I probably will never try to figure it out. My '98 TJ with 35's was getting like 10mpg. But I still took it on a 30 hr drive north into Canada. Let me point out that I'm getting old and won't do that trip again.

But I'm still going to lift my JK and put 35's on it.

Seriously though, a Jeep is a Jeep. I don't expect a smooth ride or great gas mileage. But it is a brand new Jeep so I would expect it to be painted and I'd expect there not to be water leaks from areas there shouldn't be. Keep in mind I would drive my TJ around in a rain storm with nothing but a bikini top on it (no doors).

I'll stop now, I tend to ramble.

Quick Reply: Gasoline Cry Babies