Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gasoline Cry Babies

Old 01-12-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gasoline Cry Babies

Scenerio: Jim goes out and buys himself a brand new 2008 Jeep Wrangler (model doesn't matter). Jim complains to his friends that the Jeeps gas mileage isn't all that great. After taking his Jeep out wheeling Jim decides that he needs 35" tires and a 4" lift. Now Jim is really complaining to his friends and pretty much anyone that will listen about how terrible the Jeeps gas mileage is. Now Jim decides to track down a Jeep website and complains about his gas mileage.

Why is it that the idiots buying Jeeps these days don't have the sense that GOD gave a field mouse? 1. My Jeep came with a sticker that has the expected mpg on it (maybe mine was the only one) 2. A Jeep Wrangler is a box on wheels. It's about as areodynamic as a cinder block. It's probably safe to assume that the mpg wont be as high as the GEO Metro that you owned before. 3. If you did happen to notice that the expected mileage is 16 city and 17 hwy and still chose to purchase the Wrangler then stop crying like a whore and suck it up, or sell the Jeep.

NOTE: I APOLOGIZE FOR THE RANT BUT ALL OF THE THREADS REGARDING GAS MILEAGE ARE GETTING REALLY OLD IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT THEN GET A DIFFERENT VEHICLE.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

The more people complain the sooner we get a desiel.

I don't think there is anything wrong with complaining, that's how things get changed. BTW I think I get good gas mileage, it's all relative.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree 100% -- If you can't afford it -- don't buy it!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by glick
Scenerio: Jim goes out and buys himself a brand new 2008 Jeep Wrangler (model doesn't matter). Jim complains to his friends that the Jeeps gas mileage isn't all that great. After taking his Jeep out wheeling Jim decides that he needs 35" tires and a 4" lift. Now Jim is really complaining to his friends and pretty much anyone that will listen about how terrible the Jeeps gas mileage is. Now Jim decides to track down a Jeep website and complains about his gas mileage.

Why is it that the idiots buying Jeeps these days don't have the sense that GOD gave a field mouse? 1. My Jeep came with a sticker that has the expected mpg on it (maybe mine was the only one) 2. A Jeep Wrangler is a box on wheels. It's about as areodynamic as a cinder block. It's probably safe to assume that the mpg wont be as high as the GEO Metro that you owned before. 3. If you did happen to notice that the expected mileage is 16 city and 17 hwy and still chose to purchase the Wrangler then stop crying like a whore and suck it up, or sell the Jeep.

NOTE: I APOLOGIZE FOR THE RANT BUT ALL OF THE THREADS REGARDING GAS MILEAGE ARE GETTING REALLY OLD IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT THEN GET A DIFFERENT VEHICLE.
I agree with you 100%
Old 01-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think global warming is making people dumber.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought mine expecting to get 16mpg. I've been getting 20-21. I'm happy.

Now you'd think that most people would do their homework so that they know what they're getting when they pay all that money for the shiny thing with wheels. But I'm convinced that 90% of the population is borderline retarded, so it comes as no surprise. People are idiots.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default friends

I have a ton of friends that love riding in the Jeep... they almost always ask about gas milage. I smile and say "if you're afraid to fill it up, you can't afford the Jeep"
Old 01-12-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default better in the jeep

Hey, I love the 17-22 mpg. My lifted Land Rover only got something like 12mpg on the highway. By comparison, Jeep mileage is heaven.

Besides, it's awfully difficult to wheel in a Prius.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

I don't know why everyone wants a diesel, they are more costly at the time of purchase and if no one noticed its about $0.30 more a gallon, where is your savings?
Old 01-12-2008, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I have to agree with the OP. If you can't afford to fill it, don't buy it. It's not like gas prices suddenly went from $1 a gallon to $3 a gallon since the JK came out.

I think a lot of the people that complain about the mileage would actually do a lot better if they didn't hammer on the skinny pedal all the time. I take my time getting to places. I go the speed limit, I take my time getting to the speed limit, and I don't expect it to be a race car. It's a freakin Jeep! Enjoy driving it and stop mashing the gas if you want better mileage. I get close to 20mpg in mine and it's an auto with 4:10s and 32" tires. I think that's pretty good.

Quick Reply: Gasoline Cry Babies