Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

gas mileage question

Old 06-30-2008, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting 6 to 8 mpg off road but on the highway I try to squeeze every bit I can out of it.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:35 AM
JK Newbie

I get usually 17.3 (city) but I have seen it up to 21 at times wahoooooooo
I didn't buy her for fuel economy.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ZenGirl
I get usually 17.3 (city) but I have seen it up to 21 at times wahoooooooo
I didn't buy her for fuel economy.
LOL! Nor did I...well, not exactly. Figuring I USED to get 8....yes EIGHT mpg in my last Daily driver-- averaging 16 mpg or so now I figure I've DOUBLED my milage!!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been getting tween 19-20 mpg around town and 24-25 on the highway.. The honda accord which is rated as great fuel milage lists city driving at 21? so highway is better at 30 but?? if you dont go highway much and drive in snow more than 12" deep during the winter which is better??
Also,, reading a car mag in a Dr. office they tested a 4dr jeep rated city 17mpg and highway at 22,, said biggest complaint on it was extremely poor fuel milage.. several pages later they tested a honda suv, around town fuel was 18 and highway of 23 and touted its great fuel milage as one of its best features?? Now these were the mags real world findings driving around LA not manufactures findings or sticker,, and the jeep was a rubi,, so it had the big heavy tires and 4.10. For 1 mpg, I'd go with the roof off baby!!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiser
I've been getting tween 19-20 mpg around town and 24-25 on the highway.. The honda accord which is rated as great fuel milage lists city driving at 21? so highway is better at 30 but?? if you dont go highway much and drive in snow more than 12" deep during the winter which is better??
Also,, reading a car mag in a Dr. office they tested a 4dr jeep rated city 17mpg and highway at 22,, said biggest complaint on it was extremely poor fuel milage.. several pages later they tested a honda suv, around town fuel was 18 and highway of 23 and touted its great fuel milage as one of its best features?? Now these were the mags real world findings driving around LA not manufactures findings or sticker,, and the jeep was a rubi,, so it had the big heavy tires and 4.10. For 1 mpg, I'd go with the roof off baby!!
CRUISER- This magazine article illustrates the term ''death of a thousand cuts''. Our country and its products are continually slammed in the media and the schools giving our youth the impression that our nation is worthless, its products are no good. I would hazard to guess that most if not all young people think Honda and Toyota are American brands. No manufacturing jobs are available anymore for young kids, only fast food. It won't be long before you will need to take an M-16 to the grocery store to protect your family when loading your food in your car, like s africa.....I remember when Japanese products were the WORST quality you could imagine. Until 1970 they were where the chinese are NOW....try to buy american-PLEASE....sORRY FOR THE HIJACK

Quick Reply: gas mileage question