Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Garvin roof rack damaging my jeep

Old 11-25-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any closeups of the damage??? I've got the same rack on my 2010 JK unlimited.
I have to say I'm hating the noise and drag especially on windy days, and that's with the wind deflector on it. On cold mornings it really makes a racket with the rubber bumpers up against my hard top.

Here is my set up:

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

What I've read this rack will handle one of the higher off road loads. Someone mentioned in a thread that one rack will handle 1000lbs sitting still, not sure just what good that is, I'm more interested in what it'll handle while moving and off road.

Now for the down side of the rack, very noisy and thats with the hard top in place, you're not carrying on much of a conversation with the t-tops off, though it does a nice job of redirecting the wind coming into the cab. On windy days it pulls you around quite a bit, also knocks a few miles off your mpg windy or not. You also have to keep in mind you will be drilling holes in your jeep, and if you want to take this rack off you also loose your license plate which kinda sucks, so no quick conversion.

I would like to hook up with someone who has the Gobi rack and compare wind noise and ease of use. I live in Aurora CO.

This summer I intend to run just the bikini top and tonneau cover. I'm really beginning to second guess my decision to drill holes in the body...

Quick Reply: Garvin roof rack damaging my jeep