Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

g/y wranger sra = crap

Old 07-25-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
I don't think the SR-A is an A/T tire. It is an all season tire.
The SRA is a passenger rated tire. It belongs on a minivan......Of course, the same could be said for our 3.8 V6
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine where quiet, wore well, ok on wet roads, but sucked anywhere near grass or gravel though. I had no misconception thinking they where offraod capable, I dont give a damn what Goodyears site says, they just want to sell tires. By just looking at them you should see they'll load up and turn into glazed donuts offroad.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wheeled them fairly hard for 9 months until I finally cut a side wall and decided to upgrade and for being essentially a street tire they did fairly well. They did fine in water, on the rocks and on forest trails, the only real problems I had were on slick muddy uphill climbs.

Here I had the Rubi stuck behind me, another unlimited on upgraded tires stuck in front of me. I actually had to back down and pull the Rubi out. I made it through with no problem.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Same tires I had on the KJ when I first got it, I think, and they were awful on all but a perfectly dry road. Add even a couple drops of water and they were downright dangerous.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

ok ok ok, will everyone agree that that tire does not belong on a wrangler no matter what it's rated for?
Old 07-25-2008, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
ok ok ok, will everyone agree that that tire does not belong on a wrangler no matter what it's rated for?
The tires are called Wranglers, and we drive Wranglers, so naturally it's a no-brainer that they belong on a Wrangler.

I could be a Chrysler engineer!
Old 07-25-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

lol, i like the way you think
Old 07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't seen where many people are getting much for the stock tires, and I hate the idea of tossing usable stuff.

Mine are staying put until I wear them out. Hopefully that won't be too many miles down the road.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kastiron
I haven't seen where many people are getting much for the stock tires, and I hate the idea of tossing usable stuff.

Mine are staying put until I wear them out. Hopefully that won't be too many miles down the road.
No need to toss them....

They make excellent:
  • Tire swings
  • Planters
  • Bumpers for a boat dock

I'm sure there are other uses, but they are definitely not suited well for driving at all.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kastiron

I got $300 in trade for mine at the local tire store. He sells them to Expedition owners for much less than what they would usually cost. I don't know why anyone would expect these tires to perform off road at all.

Quick Reply: g/y wranger sra = crap