Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

G.M. and Chrysler Explore Merger?

Old 10-15-2008, 04:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If they merge with Nissan, I'm gonna vomit.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
If they merge with Nissan, I'm gonna vomit.
I'd rather them merge with Nissan then Renault or GM. At least Nissan employs Americans. And they're opening plants here in the States whereas GM is closing them. And they purchase parts from US suppliers where GM is more and more buying from Mexico.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd rather them merge with Nissan then Renault or GM. At least Nissan employs Americans. And they're opening plants here in the States whereas GM is closing them. And they purchase parts from US suppliers where GM is more and more buying from Mexico.
That's a good point! ....And Fubeka, if you think Nissan's quality is crap, I've owned a Renault and I'd rather poke a railoroad spike in my eye rather than own another one!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Kes
JK Enthusiast

I just don't see it happening. I don't think it would do much for either company, especially GM.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrt
Toyota came to the states a long time ago. A lot of their parts now are Hecko en Mexico. Nissan won't be any different. I would rather see Jeep go under altogether than join forces with decidedly unAmerican company. Nothing personal, that's just my opinion. Jeep is an icon. It is an AMERICAN icon. What would really be cool would be for some billionaire with nothing better to do just open up The American Motors Corporation again. I'd love to see a modern day S/C Rambler.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
... I would rather see Jeep go under altogether than join forces with decidedly unAmerican company. Nothing personal, that's just my opinion. Jeep is an icon. It is an AMERICAN icon...
I'd rather it stay American too. GM and Ford aren't American anymore, so what is the option? You forget that Jeep was German for years through Daimler-Chrysler.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have a problem with GM if they did merge. The only issue would be the IFS.

I would drive a Hummer long before I would ever Drive a honda or toyota. Enterprise tried to give me a Toyota Corolla one time as a rental. I said I didn't want that, I wanted a traditional US automaker. So she said what about a Hundai. I said ok give me the list of what's available. I ended up with a Impala. I liked it.

Last edited by derff96963; 10-15-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

It would be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I'm hoping for the can Hummer (H2, H3) and keep the Wrangler!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Junkie

Id love to have Onstar and XM in my JK. A larger engine option would be cool too, plus many more aftermarket availabilities.

And I see nothing wrong with Hummers. The one I bought my wife is a great alternative to a minivan, and we havent had any problems, except our 4 year old breaking a cupholder.
She wasnt quite ready to be that domestic, and its a comfortable ride on trips and around town.
Just my Opinion.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI, I merged the 3 threads on this same topic.

Quick Reply: G.M. and Chrysler Explore Merger?