Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The future of the wrangler.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JEEPSHANE
well it still helped to vent!!!

I've done my share of venting and that's how I know what the reply will be.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JEEPSHANE
so i have just finished writing a lengthy, informative, and stern letter to jeep
discussing issues such as the future of the JK and where jeep is headed, and where they have come from. including topics such as a new engine. including such options as a V8, or a deisel,(something larger than that 2.8). also regarding how, maybe they should hire a bright young advisor, that REALLY GO'S WHEELIN!!!
so that he can inform them on such things as, not to put mirrors on the doors.
and not to put a weak a$$ electric engine in the the vehicle that sets the standard for off roading, just to say a few. also brought to the table an idea to post on jeep.com a poll/comment box on what WE want, instead of them TELLING us what we want. our ideas are what count, we are the heart and soul of their corporation.
for them not to forget that we the poeple are the reason they have any buisness at all. I informed them to "soften" any of the other vehicles they have, BUT TO LEAVE OUR WRANGLER ALONE! a wrangler is supposed to be stiff! supposed to be uncomfortable! these are the side effects of having the best off road vehicle on the market. so do your JK community a favor and e-mail jeep and speak your mind!
tell them what you would like to see. if enough of us give them a peice of our mind we can save jeep. we can save the wranglers image before they overhaul it to a complete soccer mom mobile.
I think it's great you voiced your opinion to Jeep. Frankly I think we may be lucky to have any Wrangler at all depending on what degree the Government decides to mandate fuel economy and emissions requirements.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have numbers to back it up but I'll bet that by far most jeeps sold never-ever go off-road (unless you count unpaved back roads or fire roads)

many people buy them to "have a Jeep" (or hummer, etc.), its a status symbol.

The hardcore jeepers are a captive audience. Chrysler needs the mall crawler demographic for their bottom line.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dunno, I'd like to see a direct wheel drive electric system. There's nothing that generates more torque or is as controlled as an electric motor. A desiel generator powering 4 independent electric motors bolted to the hubs would be awesome. You wouldn't even really need lockers anymore.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Junkie

Do you honestly believe Jeep is going to give a rats ass what you think about the Wrangler and the direction it should go in? If you're not paying their bills, they don't care.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Do you honestly believe Jeep is going to give a rats ass what you think about the Wrangler and the direction it should go in? If you're not paying their bills, they don't care.
umm, I believe we the consumer are paying the bills, if we did not buy the wrangler they would not even make it

all I want is a bigger engine and better side/head airbags, then I can get rid of this f150 I use for towing. 3500 pounds is pathetic, even my bmw can tow more
Old 07-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
I think it's great you voiced your opinion to Jeep. Frankly I think we may be lucky to have any Wrangler at all depending on what degree the Government decides to mandate fuel economy and emissions requirements.
I agree. The fuel efficiency standards are getting more difficult. I'd bet good money that we'll never see a V8 or a powerful diesel in the JK for that reason alone.

You should know who to thank for that.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the future work around for the CAFE standards arrived in the AEV J8MILSPEC kits. Figuring out how to get them street legal, etc will be the trick.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
The "requirements" don't keep you from selling a car that doesn't hit them. It penalizes you the amount over the required avg mpg of the fleet you produce. Bottom of the page explains it:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CARS/rules/CAFE/overview.htm

Anyway, the Wrangler will continue to be pushed out the door by "Chrysler" simpley because even with the CAFE requirements it still makes enough money. And tbh, I wouldn't mind the CAFE standards if they lowered the safety requirements. Making a car be built out of foam but sturdy enough to withstand a major off center hit doesn't quite go hand in hand does it

Frankly I'd rather us fix the whole tree problem instead of only trying to squeeze out more fuel economy. Like telling the bro's in Apollo 13 to breath less while ignoring the Co2 scrubbers :/
Old 07-13-2009, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

All the above was reported by CAB to Chrysler/Jeep two weeks back ,and they do care

Quick Reply: The future of the wrangler.