Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The future of the wrangler.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The future of the wrangler.

so i have just finished writing a lengthy, informative, and stern letter to jeep
discussing issues such as the future of the JK and where jeep is headed, and where they have come from. including topics such as a new engine. including such options as a V8, or a deisel,(something larger than that 2.8). also regarding how, maybe they should hire a bright young advisor, that REALLY GO'S WHEELIN!!!
so that he can inform them on such things as, not to put mirrors on the doors.
and not to put a weak a$$ electric engine in the the vehicle that sets the standard for off roading, just to say a few. also brought to the table an idea to post on jeep.com a poll/comment box on what WE want, instead of them TELLING us what we want. our ideas are what count, we are the heart and soul of their corporation.
for them not to forget that we the poeple are the reason they have any buisness at all. I informed them to "soften" any of the other vehicles they have, BUT TO LEAVE OUR WRANGLER ALONE! a wrangler is supposed to be stiff! supposed to be uncomfortable! these are the side effects of having the best off road vehicle on the market. so do your JK community a favor and e-mail jeep and speak your mind!
tell them what you would like to see. if enough of us give them a peice of our mind we can save jeep. we can save the wranglers image before they overhaul it to a complete soccer mom mobile.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Am I wrong, or does the JK come with a 3.8L?
Old 07-12-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

yes it comes with a 3.8 v6 gasoline
Old 07-12-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowbdr88
Am I wrong, or does the JK come with a 3.8L?
He was talking about the 2.8 Diesel engine......
Old 07-12-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice job in being assertive. Not to be pessimistic but they're going to read your letter and then discard it. Jeep knows the heritage of the wrangler and they know about the enthusiasts who buy them for their original purpose. But lets face it, in business it's about profit, and in doing so you have to target every market/audience -- that includes soccer moms, teens, girls, boys, whoever. The more people you can appeal to the higher your income.

Jeep made the new wrangler durable enough to take offroad, and consumer friendly enough to attract the other markets with ease -- by advertising comfort and offroad prowless.

Sorry, but you're letter will be thrown in the trash by an intern at their corporate.

I mean, there's really not a ton of offroad enthusiasts out there. Then there's not a ton who all have Jeeps. Then the ones with Jeeps, there's not a ton who want the uncomfortable ride b/c their weekend toy is also a DD.

So, if Jeep solely makes the wrangler how it's predecessors were built, then they would only be selling to a very small margin of consumers when compared to the millions/billions of potential consumers. Money is more important heritage.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you put the same tires on a bone stock ( no lift or added parts ) CJ, YJ, TJ & a JK, which is really more capable? Forget H.P. because none of these jeeps are race cars and in 4lo theres plenty of power to get you through the trails on any of them.
There will always be something Jeepers want to change about their Jeep, if for no other reason than the fact that they just like to tear things up and put them back together.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's your reply...

Dear *******:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center.

We have reviewed your email regarding your inquiry about the future of Jeep. We appreciate the time and effort you took to write to us.

Since it was lengthy and it really sucks to waste your time... you should post it here... at least it will be read and discussed. Other than that I hope you were just looking at killing some time writing to them. As said in prior posts it probably won't even be read.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last trail ride a stock 2-dr X went everywhere we did, granted it wasn't very muddy, but that lil thing climbed and crawled with ease.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
Nice job in being assertive. Not to be pessimistic but they're going to read your letter and then discard it. Jeep knows the heritage of the wrangler and they know about the enthusiasts who buy them for their original purpose. But lets face it, in business it's about profit, and in doing so you have to target every market/audience -- that includes soccer moms, teens, girls, boys, whoever. The more people you can appeal to the higher your income.

Jeep made the new wrangler durable enough to take offroad, and consumer friendly enough to attract the other markets with ease -- by advertising comfort and offroad prowless.

Sorry, but you're letter will be thrown in the trash by an intern at their corporate.

I mean, there's really not a ton of offroad enthusiasts out there. Then there's not a ton who all have Jeeps. Then the ones with Jeeps, there's not a ton who want the uncomfortable ride b/c their weekend toy is also a DD.

So, if Jeep solely makes the wrangler how it's predecessors were built, then they would only be selling to a very small margin of consumers when compared to the millions/billions of potential consumers. Money is more important heritage.
guess thats the great thing about moding. i can make her however i want
Old 07-12-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidwm71
Here's your reply...

Since it was lengthy and it really sucks to waste your time... you should post it here... at least it will be read and discussed. Other than that I hope you were just looking at killing some time writing to them. As said in prior posts it probably won't even be read.
well it still helped to vent!!!

Quick Reply: The future of the wrangler.