Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Funny Clutch

Old 12-18-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Clutch

Okay so I was driving home from work tonight and i had my heater on to where it was directly hitting my feet. I have no carpet and have it rhino lined.

I was in some stop and go traffic and noticed the clutch started giving way little by little. I made it home and could not shift into gear and clutch dropped to the floor. Now Im not new at driving clutches and this has never happened to me. I tried to start the jeep up and it just lunges forward and dies????

Anyone have any solution for this. Is the flywheel just heated from the heater or what. Iam at a loss for words.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

This happened when the clutch in my car died. I had to drive it to the shop in second gear while shifting into neutral at the lights.

I have also seen posts about a master cylinder and clutch fluid. But I have no experience there.

Last edited by Fermin; 12-18-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

IDENTICAL thing happened to me, its your slave cylinder, its toast. Its under warranty though so go get it fixed... Mine has died twice now adn I've heard they are pretty cheap from the get go
Old 12-18-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like a slave cylinder. Mine went. Cost me $170 for the part cause I'm out of warranty.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by whtIwrk4
Sounds like a slave cylinder. Mine went. Cost me $170 for the part cause I'm out of warranty.
Is your Jeep lifted? I am on my third slave cyl and am taking it in for another next week. (In the meantime I have a bottle of brake fluid on board)

The dealer claims they keep going out because of my lift. Just wondering if folks without lifts have had any troubles...
Old 04-08-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Talk about bringing an old thread back....Turned out to be the slave cylinder and the dealer tried to tell me it was my clutch and i needed a new one. they are stupid as shit. Anyways yes my lift is 4 inchs and no it cant be caused by a lift. I have talked to too many people who have been around this shit for too long and i even had the manager from 4 wheel parts man up and back me up.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

SLAVE CYLINDER!! happend to me. I crapped my pants and shoved it into 1st with no clutch lol. Got it fixed for free but took 3days :(
Old 05-07-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

If your out of warranty, try and look for a rebuild kit. Same thing happen to me on my old car, new part was $120, rebuild kit was $15.

Quick Reply: Funny Clutch