Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Full Custom Interior

Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Custom Interior

Hey Everyone, so my best friend and i were talking and we came up with an idea...before i pitch the idea and tell you about it, let me give you some history on him and his family. I've known him for about 2 years already and this kid is the definition of hard working and someone who i proud of his work. his mom has been a seamstress (i think that's what you call it) for over 25 years...this lady can make ANYTHING out of ANYTHING! shes done everything from Clothing, sofas, chairs, she even goes once or twice a year to Major cruise lines to redo sofas, drapes and just about anything that has fabric on it! her work is flawless, they take A lot of pride in the quality of work they produce.

so me and my buddy (his name is Arvin) were chatting about the mods i wanted to do to my jeep, my never ending list lol and i asked him if he thought his mom can make me some custom, tactical style seat covers...well we had a huge conversation on what i would and wouldn't want from a seat cover and then it hit me!

"LET ME ASK MY FELLOW JEEPERS ON THE FORUM!"

so that's where your opinion COUNTS, what would you guys like to see in a seat cover that isn't already in the market or would like to add? what materials would be best as far as style, and comfort?

we are planning to make two styles...one being a full blown tactical style cover with bags, grab handles, heated, the works! and another for just style! Both will protect your seats to the fullest! using the best materials to ensure this is something that will LAST.

Thanks for all Input and please keep an eye on this!
-Frank
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Id be interested...for me some selling points are waterproof, tear resistand and of course comfortable. Back seat pockets are nice. Mabey incorporate a hidden pouch for those of us that need to conceal a firearm. ( ive been reading a lot of the gun threads lately ) I will keep a eye on this though
Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Very sun/fade resistant would be a great feature.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jhouse93
Id be interested...for me some selling points are waterproof, tear resistand and of course comfortable. Back seat pockets are nice. Mabey incorporate a hidden pouch for those of us that need to conceal a firearm. ( ive been reading a lot of the gun threads lately ) I will keep a eye on this though
Great idea, we are currently looking at what's on the market and are about to put different materials through some tough test. We will keep all these points in mind! Thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by abqtj
Very sun/fade resistant would be a great feature.
That's one of our main concerns! Thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 133 Likes on 119 Posts

A tight fit is key for me. When I see wrinkles, I immediately feel like the covers are junk. The covers will also move around if they can. I have Trek Armor covers now and they are about 95% on fitment, but man are they tight. If you want that quality finish, definitely try to avoid the wrinkles.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

I'm looking for sum that I
1. Will not have to replace bc of tearing
2. Is thick and water resistant/ dutiable
3. Looks like it belongs in a show jeep
4. Aren't an arm and a leg
Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I agree with the fitment issues and I also do not like to see too many wrinkles but some are expected and acceptable. The neoprene water proof material is nice as long as it doesn't fade fast (also already mentioned). I think for style reasons if you offered solid colors with offsetting piping along the edge like black/silver, red/black, tan/black, black/yellow piping as a standard instead of the typical black on the outside and grey on the inside that every seat cover company has. I know wet okolee does the piping as a custom but having it already made would be much cooler. Another cool thing would be embroidered jeep specific logos like 'JK', 'Sahara', 'Rubicon', 'OIIIIO' (jeep grille) on the seat backs also not as a custom but more readily available for the jeep community. A back pocket for the seat back also rocks! Good luck!

Last edited by wittys-jk; 01-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

wow, so much response! Thanks guys! we are going to try and meet every single one of those points!

btw, DONT BE SHY!! KEEP THEM COMING!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quality leather that won't break the bank.

Quick Reply: Full Custom Interior