Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Frustration!!!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustration!!!

**rant on**

So, I just got a call from the stealership. They just got their daily update and lo and behold my JK was not completed before the line shut down as was previously told to me. I think my jaw hit the ground when the sales guy said this... A couple of calls later and the owner has agreed to make sure I'm "taken care of" in any way possible for this little fiasco.

What irks me the most about this is that I called them to confirm the JK was built before the line had shut down the day they announced the shut downs. They said it was completed and would be here by the 12th, and now they say otherwise... Gah!!! Why is it so hard for people to be honest and say they screwed up??? I think I'll be taking tomorrow off to get this all settled.

**rant over**
Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 5 or 6 more to wait!!!

I just found out that I will have to wait another 5 or 6 weeks for the delivery of my "2009 BLACK Jeep Unlimited" I placed the order on April 13th. I though I would have it this coming Satuday. I got a email from my Dealer and he said "I have some Bad new, they SHUT DOWN the Factory for one month. The New ship date is now 6-5-09". I was so pissed after reading what he wrote.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks guys-- sorry about the frustration. JOC, are the options you ordered so unique that you can't find one that's a least similar on a lot? You will pay a lot less, as they are really trying to ditch their lot inventory and the sales reps are playing serious ball. Plus, you'll get to drive it home right away.

Just a thought.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doojer
That sucks guys-- sorry about the frustration. JOC, are the options you ordered so unique that you can't find one that's a least similar on a lot? You will pay a lot less, as they are really trying to ditch their lot inventory and the sales reps are playing serious ball. Plus, you'll get to drive it home right away.

Just a thought.
x2 make them search all over the country, they can do that with their computer system, or just find one similar on another dealer lot, waiting sucks and do they really know for sure that it will ship in June, I doubt it
Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was going to take a 2009 Red Jeep Unlimited that was on there lot, but I wanted (Black) with S package. I couldn't find one anywhere, plus I didn't want to miss out on the Employee Pricing, so I Decided to have it ordered.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkob1060
x2 make them search all over the country, they can do that with their computer system, or just find one similar on another dealer lot, waiting sucks and do they really know for sure that it will ship in June, I doubt it
So far they have pushed back the ship date 3 times now. And you right I doubt I will have it in June too.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

I agree I debated ordering over finding something on the lot I originally had my heart on jeep green but when it did not have the options i wanted like AC which in NJ is a must I changed my mind and found a silver one on the lot with the freedom top. See if you can back out of the order because who knows if the factory will open in a month they might extend it and there is a whole lot of inventory out there that still needs to be sold without them producing another car. chances are if the dealership wants to make some sales to prove viable to all mighty chrysler they will want to make a sale no matter what play really tight and I think they will come down to your price.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drone17
I agree I debated ordering over finding something on the lot I originally had my heart on jeep green but when it did not have the options i wanted like AC which in NJ is a must I changed my mind and found a silver one on the lot with the freedom top. See if you can back out of the order because who knows if the factory will open in a month they might extend it and there is a whole lot of inventory out there that still needs to be sold without them producing another car. chances are if the dealership wants to make some sales to prove viable to all mighty chrysler they will want to make a sale no matter what play really tight and I think they will come down to your price.
Ok, your right. I'll call them tonight, But if it is already made and waiting to be delivered I'll just wait it out.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

good luck you have more patience than I do but getting a jk you built is probably going to be worth the wait.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very true. The waiting sucks though.

Quick Reply: Frustration!!!