Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Front n back passenger floor is wet

Old 01-21-2016, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front n back passenger floor is wet

Any body have this problem before thanks in advance
Old 01-21-2016, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

I had this problem happen to me a couple months ago. Pulled out the carpet and Line-X'd the whole tub.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Might wanna check the freedom panels and make sure the channel is flush. There is also a bolt right under your freedom panels that bolt on the rear half of the top. They might be loose. Mine was leaking down the seat belt panel. Didn't realize it for awhile. Jeep smelled pretty bad!
Old 01-21-2016, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been having this problem for a while. Every time I wash the jeep and every time it rains. I can't remember if I have the plugs in or not. I think it's coming from under the dash on the passenger side but it's probably just no drain plugs.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The B-pllar is a common place for it to leak (mine does, since new) as well as the C pillar and lots of other places.

Check this out for some help diagnosing and fixing the leak. It will take a lot more information to help on the forum besides "foorboard wet".
Old 01-29-2016, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can't get the link to post from my phone.

Last edited by Crash n Burn; 01-29-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

JK Water Leak Diagnose & Repair Manual.pdf
Old 01-29-2016, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my experience there is no one fix for any top leak issue. My jeep has been leaking from day one. Started where the top panels meet at the windshield(dripping onto the radio). Brought it in under warranty multiple times and to replace multiple seals(sometimes the same one more than once) and finally that was fixed. With the fix of that caused the passenger and driver B pillar to start leaking. Sometimes the leak ran across the top of the door seal and water would come out the A pillar. The seals at the B pillar were replaced and the leak continued. After that the above repair manual was used but that only fixed the driver side. Now waiting on seals recommended by a "expert tech" from out of state.

Though my case is extreme compared to a lot of others who replace one seal and never see leaks again it shows that there are tons of different remedies to try. Also, the tops changed slightly over the years using different seal and latch designs. I have seen people on the forum say they tightened the door latch and that helped. Others use 3m foam strips or seal lubes.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I completely gave up on trying to chase my hard top leaks. I changed the muckets at the B pillar. Maybe that helped. No carpet in the back. I would do the same in the front but the road noise is too much. Funny enough, my soft top does not leak.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a similar type leak. I would have a small amount of water on my front mats and the carpet underneath the mats would be wet. No water anywhere else and no leaks were visible. Took to it to the dealer as it was under warranty. They replaced/repaired the seals around the door. And that seemed to have fixed it. I have not noticed and leaks since. Apparently the seals were bad and water would flow around the doors and would then come in the interior of my Jeep once it got to the bottom of the door. Sometimes the water would run onto the mat and sometimes it went under the mat. That's why I never saw any water coming in around where either of my tops attach to the Jeep. So far so good, all dry for now. But it is a Jeep and that could all change the next time it rains.

Quick Reply: Front n back passenger floor is wet