Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Front Licence Plate Bracket?

Old 11-09-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Choppus
I plan on replacing the bumper anyway, but thats a piss poor design for people that want to keep their bumpers. If I was going to keep it I wouldn't want to put screws right through the front of the bumper.
Even though I would like to eventually get an ARB or shockworks bumper down the road! That is the reason why I placed the plate into the factory air damn just under the bumper. I did not want to drill into my bumper and the plate takes away from the look of the jeep with that plate stuck between the fog lamps.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer figured that was what to do and so did I but they did not want to drill the bumper either. I guess I will pick up some kind of a frame and drill it into the bumper.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Even though I would like to eventually get an ARB or shockworks bumper down the road! That is the reason why I placed the plate into the factory air damn just under the bumper. I did not want to drill into my bumper and the plate takes away from the look of the jeep with that plate stuck between the fog lamps.
Yeah I would/will do the same thing until I get an aftermarket bumper. I'm looking at the Mopar offroad bumper that has the holes for the factory fogs in it.

Originally Posted by 85fr16
The dealer figured that was what to do and so did I but they did not want to drill the bumper either. I guess I will pick up some kind of a frame and drill it into the bumper.
Now thats a good dealer. I bet most of them don't give a shit and just grab the plates and drill'em on right quick without even thinking about it. There are a lot of people that don't care about things like that to their own vehicle, so it wouldn't bother them at all to do it to another persons vehicle.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Choppus
I plan on replacing the bumper anyway, but thats a piss poor design for people that want to keep their bumpers. If I was going to keep it I wouldn't want to put screws right through the front of the bumper.
Here's a picture for you to see how it looks with the plate screwed on to the plastic front air damn instead of the front bumper. Still visible for the cops!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-12-2008, 02:31 AM
JK Jedi

Mine is in the front bumper as well, and also has the "starter" indicators on it.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Here's a picture for you to see how it looks with the plate screwed on to the plastic front air damn instead of the front bumper. Still visible for the cops!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks for the pic. That looks a lot better than putting it between the fogs.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you put it down there don't be too suprised if you end up damaging or losing your license plate. The airdam can be ripped off pretty easy, I lost mine this summer. The plate doesn't look too bad down there though.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by echofoxtrot
If you put it down there don't be too suprised if you end up damaging or losing your license plate. The airdam can be ripped off pretty easy, I lost mine this summer. The plate doesn't look too bad down there though.

When that air dam gets ripped off....then it's time to talk with the spouse about getting a new front bumper with winch.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:32 PM
JK Freak

When that air dam gets ripped off....then it's time to talk with the spouse about getting a new front bumper with winch.
I'll second that.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got my Jk through a dealer trade and the previous dealer had mounted one of his plates to the front bumper.Now I have 2 screw holes in my bumper.

Quick Reply: Front Licence Plate Bracket?