Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Freedom top inspection

Old 12-13-2006, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom top inspection

Just put my 2 front top panels back on for the 4th time but noticed something for the first time. Each front panel has a small black block inside close to where you screw the rear fastener knob to them. Those black blocks are spacers so you won't screw (pull) the panels too far down. The blocks are hinged and need to be rotated to do their job. Once I rotated them down & re-installed the panels, tightening the knobs felt more like they should when you get them tight. I hope others have noticed this. The manual doesn't mention them.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

I believe you are to fold those down when using the two front pieces only. They make up for the space that the rear portion of the top leaves empty when it is off. If you use them with the rear piece you may not get as good of a seal when all three pieces are on.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

You might be right since it folds. when I have tighten those knobs in the past it just doesn't feel right. It's like it never gets real tight but i always stop in fear of doing damage. The manual should have explained more.

Quick Reply: Freedom top inspection