Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Freedom Panel Stop Storage?

Old 04-19-2015, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jknit
Hey guys im looking to buys something that lets me store my tops in my back seat faster than the Mopar storage bag, it takes me way to long to get them all loaded in that thing, anyone have any experience with this? http://www.quadratec.com/products/12020_13.htm or another way to store them in your trunk quickly?
Now that it's spring time, the tops are coming off. Does anyone have this? Or better yet, has anyone built this themselves??? I think if I knew the sizing and the materials this could be made for a lot less then it is to purchase and alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 04-19-2015, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jknit
Hey guys im looking to buys something that lets me store my tops in my back seat faster than the Mopar storage bag, it takes me way to long to get them all loaded in that thing, anyone have any experience with this? http://www.quadratec.com/products/12020_13.htm or another way to store them in your trunk quickly?
I had that ^...was not happy with it. They did not secure the panels well at all and the kit was way over priced. Nothing was quick about it either.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mopar makes a rack that mounts to spare tire. The Freedom panels drop in, are secured with a strap. I use mine all summer, keep interior free for dogs and gear. I'll find the part # and put it here .
I found my Mopar installation sheet ; JK Targa Top Carrier p/n. 82210483AB
Hopefully its still available, best way to carry top panels , in my opinion.

Last edited by Four Low; 04-24-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bluebear
I had that ^...was not happy with it. They did not secure the panels well at all and the kit was way over priced. Nothing was quick about it either.
The bag sucks. Plain and simple. I spend more time trying to fit the panels in this tight bag. The insulation on the side of the panels get pulled and torn. Just like having options.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 04-20-2015, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

I just take mine off and put them inside. I keep a cooler in the back so they don't lay flat and I don't like how the go past the rear seats. Keeping them inside is the best option IMO.

Quick Reply: Freedom Panel Stop Storage?