Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fold-down Windshield...

Old 05-19-2009, 03:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i heard that once you put down the windshield it never seals the same when you put it back, just what ive heard and y i havent done it, and im on my second jeep
Old 05-19-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Junkie

Has anyone here done it on there JK? My wife asked me a about it and I said I didn't want to to do it. It looks like a royal pain and I don't see much gained.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Burchnj
i put it down on my tj one time and drove down to wally world with it down. A very fun experience despite the bugs to the face. I guess thats all its for now a days (for fun) because it was a pain to do and it actually took away from my over the hood visibility.
I didn't even think about this part
Old 05-19-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kupost
Has anyone here done it on there JK? My wife asked me a about it and I said I didn't want to to do it. It looks like a royal pain and I don't see much gained.
someone did it and posted pictures here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...old+windshield

and here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...old+windshield

if those links don't work, just search "windshield fold"

I am not a fan, especially with the curved w/s. But I love the look on the old military models.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

Something tells me... in the back of my mind... that the JK fenders would NOT hold up another Jeep, like the ones here seem to be able to do.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's best if you have a large piece of property to drive around on where you won't have to travel on road at all. Say if you were a farmer or something and you used your JK to get around your land. It's not that hard once you have done it once or twice. There isn't anything to lose by trying it, my Jeep doesn't seal any better or worse than it did before folding the windshield down.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does come in handy to have it folded down when traversing off road in tight trees/ forrests. I wheeled my YJ all the time like that and can't count how many windshields I saved by not having it hit the corner on a tree because it was folded down. It always seems that the next tree is perfectly lined up with the windshield right when the rear tire on the opposite side finds a rock or bump to lean you into it.

Last edited by owtcast; 05-19-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:06 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Robar
I wish that train would derail in my yard.

It wasn't too long ago people were finding those in crates still covered in cosmolene. I bet there's still a few hiding somewhere. Wouldn't that be great...!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Super Freak

folding the windshield dow in not useless, especially depending on your off road style. i have flopped my jk twice now and the first time broke my windshield. wouldn't have happened if i had a full cage and the windshield strapped to the hood. i have seen a few rigs in trails that drag the top side of their cages on huge rocks where if their windshield was up it would be pretty messed up.

Quick Reply: Fold-down Windshield...