Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Floor jack question

Old 11-30-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thisjk38
I'm thinking of buying a floor jack soon, and am wondering... What is the minimum height the jack should extend to? I am stock right now but in a year or so will be adding a 2.5 lift. Right now I am thinking of getting a 3 ton jack. Any recommendations?
Walker > Lincoln > Hein-Werner

Walker made the best hydralic floor jack on the planet.. smoothest release you'll find. I've owned mine since 1974. At the time Walker was used in most automotive shops.. too pricey for home use, I bought one anyway - worth every penny.

The original Walker design lives on...

http://w w w.shinnfuamerica.com/

Old 12-01-2011, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by m998dna
Walker > Lincoln > Hein-Werner

Walker made the best hydralic floor jack on the planet.. smoothest release you'll find. I've owned mine since 1974. At the time Walker was used in most automotive shops.. too pricey for home use, I bought one anyway - worth every penny.

The original Walker design lives on...

http://w w w.shinnfuamerica.com/

Wow those seem cool. Couldn't find any prices though. Let me just borrow yours I'm in Whittier to haha. How high does your jack get too in order to lift your Jk?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Thisjk38
Wow those seem cool. Couldn't find any prices though. Let me just borrow yours I'm in Whittier to haha. How high does your jack get too in order to lift your Jk?
Yes we live in the same town... I grew up in Whittier when it was mostly orange groves.

I don't have a JK, yet ... and my Walker floor jack is 1.5 Ton. Not sure how high it goes, but I have pulled and installed Corvair engines with it and is still a solid hydralic jack. That web site is the manufacturer.. you need to search for a distributor that sells Hein-Werner.

They do have all the specs on their site ... read the fine print before buying.

Quick Reply: Floor jack question