Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Flares prices

Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to get the same ones you do, but they a little expensive.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Titanium Dad
Get you a full set of steel tube fenders from ACE Engineering for $595. Way better than plastic and are lifetime guaranteed. Better than $400 for plastic.
/\
/\

This...

Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Nothing cheaper than $900 in Australia. I purchased Trailmods and the quality of the product very low!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this isnt what a lot of people want to hear, but why the HELL would anyone spend that kind of money on bushwacker flatties when you can cut yours, have a better look IMO, not really care if you screw one up (which you will if you wheel) and not blow 400+ dollars??!! If I clip a tree with my trimmed flares it'll either bend or pop off. Same thing happens with some bushwackers and itll dent the damn fender or tub!

I don't know, mabe its just me, but I dont get it.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotty6336
I know this isnt what a lot of people want to hear, but why the HELL would anyone spend that kind of money on bushwacker flatties when you can cut yours, have a better look IMO, not really care if you screw one up (which you will if you wheel) and not blow 400+ dollars??!! If I clip a tree with my trimmed flares it'll either bend or pop off. Same thing happens with some bushwackers and itll dent the damn fender or tub!
Personally I don't like the look of cut fenders vs. the Bushwackers. They're way too thin looking. It all revolves around a matter of personal preference. I looked at doing the cut flares, the Bushwackers or tube flares. In the end the Bushwackers cost less for the set than just the front tube flares, kept the wheel liner, installed easily and are solid at highway speeds (no flap at 95mph).

I've nailed my RF on trees a few times, very hard. It did what it was supposed to, flex and pop back. The first time there was no damage other than a mar that wiped off with soap & water and the gasket poped out 2" to 3" at the front. The second hit left a tiny crinkle in the forward corner edge, but that's an easy fix with a little heat from a heat gun...just have to find time to do it. It really isn't noticeable though, so I keep putting it off (knowing I'll hit it again). A funny side note, it knocked the gasket back in place. From what I've seen/experienced, the flares themselves would rip off before they caused extensive damage to the sheet metal. A few plastic welds maybe and they'd be back in service.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

I saw a pair for sale on here yesterday for 300...
Old 10-11-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mdnky
......From what I've seen/experienced, the flares themselves would rip off before they caused extensive damage to the sheet metal.
Don't bet on that. My passenger rear came mostly off but also really f'd up the quarter panel.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know one thing, the sheet metal on my 2012 is sooooo thin that if were to put any inward pressure on it, it is going to bend. Even when I waxed it last week (yes, one time whether it needs it or not), just rubbing off the wax you literally would watch the sheet metal flex in and out with mere hand pressure. Scarey...
Old 10-11-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Junkie

Picked up a set from Truckaddons about a year ago for $360.00. Free shipping if you lived in the usa. If you wait a smoking deal will come along and you will probably hear about it on the forum.

Quick Reply: Flares prices