Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which one u vote for?
JK Wrangler
95.48%
FJ Cruiser
4.52%
Voters: 774. You may not vote on this poll

FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife has a 07 Fj and I have 08 4door
Fj has rubber mat instead of carpet and a lot more motor
Jeep has every thing else.
and I paid less for the Fj.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bluepwr
My wife has a 07 Fj and I have 08 4door
Fj has rubber mat instead of carpet and a lot more motor
Jeep has every thing else.
and I paid less for the Fj.

There is no doubt you should of paid less for the FJ , the ultimate Offroad truck(JK) will cost a little more, and there's no comparing the two(apples & oranges)........... You have to compare an H3, Xterra, Kia Sorento & new Liberty to the FJ to have a perfect comparison. JK is a stand alone in every respect.. Period.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been back and forth over the jeep & fj thing for the past several months as I've been researching my next new car.. There's a lot of things i really like in both. in test drives I think I liked the way the FJ felt a little better, and it seemed a little quicker. I'm sure I'd be happy with the either vehicle, but in the summer when it's real nice out, I know I'll be bummed to not even have a sun roof in the FJ... I think the new FJs look really cool (this is coming from someone who bought an original 03 honda element :p) and it was fun learning/reading about the old fashioned toyota "jeeps" from back in the day, that I honestly never knew existed until now.

In the end though, being able to take the top off, even if I get a hard top, is what won out. If there was a soft-top/convertable FJ I might have ended up deciding on that.. but really, the jeep's options & features, and the awesome community of Jeepers everywhere, are gonna make me enjoy my rescue green 4 door sahara a lot more in the long run
Old 05-04-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default FJs SUCK

Good job for getting a wrangler man...

Cause it has to be said - FJs look like LITTLE TOY LEGO SUVs that were designed by kids

rock on wranglers - nothin beats one
Old 05-04-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

poll results are great lol but honestly what would u expect from a JK site
haha and those other that voted fj well we understand that ur nubby fingers selected the wrong item and then the pop corn missed ur mouth and while trying to retrieve it you in inadvertently move the mouse over submit and ur elbow clicked it ......it's ok we will let it go this time
Old 05-05-2008, 01:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

My last 4x4 was a 1994 Land Rover Defender 90 that I drove since new until a couple weeks ago. I looked at the Toyota for about 5 minutes, saw the independent front suspension and the tiny rear axle and knew in an instant that it was not for me.

When Land Rover was bought by Ford, they had a golden opportunity to build a Jeep-Killer. They even made a concept platform which could have been used to build expensive Land Rover Defenders and a more affordable Ford Bronco similar to the old ones from the 60's. Had they done this, we'd be able to choose between at least 3 capable off-road vehicles, but right now the Wrangler is the only option.

I am thrilled with my unlimited rubicon. The technology improvements since 1994 and the lifetime powertrain warranty on all the serious off-road options I wanted makes the wrangler just awesome. It is also quite pleasant to drive a quiet vehicle with a nice stereo and fancy stuff like air conditioning. I have no regrets about selling off my old beloved Land Rover Defender.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I'm not mistaken, an FJ won the most recent Baja 1000...wonder why there weren't any JK's in the race?
Old 05-05-2008, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustoff '68
If I'm not mistaken, an FJ won the most recent Baja 1000...wonder why there weren't any JK's in the race?
Have Wranglers ever been in the Baja? I'm seriously asking because I can't ever remember one but I don't watch it much. The CJ/Wranglers are the Kings of SWB but not so much the Longer wheel base stuff. Maybe someday. Seems like the Wrangler would be way out of it's element in a Baja race.

Oh, I guess Class 3 is for SWB...who won that?

Ok, I looked it up. A Bronco won that....for the Stock class full size an H2 won and stock class mini an H3 won.

Last edited by RubiconOrdie; 05-05-2008 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustoff '68
A highly modified professional race vehicle is not a production vehicle, even if it wears the body of one.

I could build a rock crawler with a MINI Cooper body but it wouldn't make the production vehicles great off-road. . . .

If the Trail Teams Special Edition FJ could go from dealer's lot to Baja 1000 winner's circle, then I would be impressed.

Last edited by Yucca Patrol; 05-05-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:24 AM
JK Newbie

Lightbulb

Actually what I like it in FJ its engine. I hope they put in JK like this engine. It will be fast.

Quick Reply: FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!