Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which one u vote for?
JK Wrangler
95.48%
FJ Cruiser
4.52%
Voters: 774. You may not vote on this poll

FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a Diet Coke can on wheels - sorry man - don't mean to be rude but how can you with a straight face compare that to a Wrangler?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our company owns both. having driven both this is what I can tell you. The FJ cruiser can wheel pretty good right out of the box. They have alot of nice fetures that just come standard that a comperably price JK doesn't have or is a special option only. The FJC's are also more comfortable to sit in. With that said, a FJC with a 4" lift and tires, verses a comperably equiped JK, with a 4" lift and tires would struggle in places were the JK would breeze though....
Old 03-09-2008, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I forgot where I read it, but someone said that FJ Cruisers look like batting helmets, and I'll be damned if they dont!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

I think they look like a Chiclet with wheels.

And my apologies to the Chiclet company.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 AM
JK Newbie

I currently have an FJ Cruiser. It is a good truck. I have the manual 6 speed with all wheel drive which has awesome grip in the rain, WAYYYYY better then my TJ had. I can't really get that thing to slip around like my TJ did. It has center locker, rear locker and a computer controlled traction control setting. I'm 6'3" and the seats are comfy, plenty of room. My little boy likes the suicide doors, it's fun for him to climb in. The interior ergonomics are great, and the quality of build is awesome. The truck has LOTS of power, more than I need. I get about 19mpg.

Before this I had a Defender 110 and a TJ jeep.

I really do like driving my FJ even tho it's not really the best looking thing. I am selling it to purchase a JK Rubi Unlimited. The reason is because of the body tears. If you do some research, you can google FJ Cruiser Tears and you will see what I am talking about. My FJ has not started to tear yet, but I'm sure it will. I think they all will, after all the truck has only been out 2 years and half the people are seeing the tears or the beginning of what will become a tear (bulging of the sheetmetal). Imagine 10 years from now, Toyota won't warranty the tear after 3 years. Basically every FJ will have tears in the inner fender wells and you will have to pay for it to be fixed with your own money. This means replacing the entire front clip, which requires a full dash removal first! You know how things are never the same once they get fixed like that?

I miss my old Jeep and my Defender 110. I have a feeling that I will not miss the FJ, even tho it is very nice on the inside. It just doesn't have that 'je ne sais quoi' that my defender and jeep had.

I am looking forward to selling the fj and buying a rubi. But, I am a little sad that there is such a defect on the FJ. Competition is good for all involved, especially us consumers!

Last edited by elias; 03-24-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Welcome, Elias. I have heard about the problems FJ owners have been having with tears. You will enjoy the Unlimited Rubicon. I had a 95 Defender 90. The only thing I wish my Rubicon had that my Defender did is the 3.9 V8. I dont miss not having AC in So Cal 8 months out of the year and though it was fun at the time, I can no longer tolerate a stick in traffic. Not because of the traffic, but because of knee and back issues. I guess none of us are getting any younger.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Westbayou
I'm a Jeep guy to the core, but don't discount those FJ's for a second. The 4x4's with that trick traction setup will flat embarrass a stock X. I'd say it would take a Rubi to run with the FJ offroad when you compare both stock to stock with all the factory goodies. I considered my 90 YJ to be pretty badass (lift and 33" Swampers, totally built engine) and my buddies FJ would walk up stuff I had trouble with. Working on my buildup now just so I can hang!
I dont think so, stock for stock the rubi will destroy the fj just because of the stock mud terrains, not to mention the lockers.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Westbayou;348617]I'm a Jeep guy to the core, but don't discount those FJ's for a second. The 4x4's with that trick traction setup will flat embarrass a stock X. I'd say it would take a Rubi to run with the FJ offroad when you compare both stock to stock with all the factory goodies. I considered my 90 YJ to be pretty badass (lift and 33" Swampers, totally built engine) and my buddies FJ would
:rotfl mao2:: rotflmao2:
Old 03-24-2008, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoorDad
Welcome, Elias. I have heard about the problems FJ owners have been having with tears. You will enjoy the Unlimited Rubicon. I had a 95 Defender 90. The only thing I wish my Rubicon had that my Defender did is the 3.9 V8. I dont miss not having AC in So Cal 8 months out of the year and though it was fun at the time, I can no longer tolerate a stick in traffic. Not because of the traffic, but because of knee and back issues. I guess none of us are getting any younger.
I wheeled with one of those running the same tire as me the other day, nice truck, could climb everything i could and only go stuck in one rut i went through
Old 03-24-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dontfollowmeb
Originally Posted by Westbayou
I'm a Jeep guy to the core, but don't discount those FJ's for a second. The 4x4's with that trick traction setup will flat embarrass a stock X. I'd say it would take a Rubi to run with the FJ offroad when you compare both stock to stock with all the factory goodies. I considered my 90 YJ to be pretty badass (lift and 33" Swampers, totally built engine) and my buddies FJ would
:rotfl mao2:: rotflmao2:
Agree, i've seen a fully loaded FJ with lockers in action, and i'm sorry to say, but my X w/o lockers owns that car in mud.

PS: we both had factory A/T tires.

Quick Reply: FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!