Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which one u vote for?
JK Wrangler
95.48%
FJ Cruiser
4.52%
Voters: 774. You may not vote on this poll

FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tackindy
I admit I was so close to buying an FJ when they came out. I loved the retro look. I didn't want a TJ because it was kinda small for me. The only reason I didn't buy the FJ was that rediculous markup on them! Who pays more than sticker?!?!?

So the 2007 JK comes out and all of the sudden I'm thinking they look amazing. I finally test drive one and SOLD! No going back and no regrets!

This is my fourth Jeep and I love it! Its smoother, more refined, and even more capable than any before!
Retro Look ???????

There is nothing Retro about that ugly thing!

If you want to go retro you would need to go back to this look

I ownwd one of these Back in the Day with a 327 Chevy in it & I must admit it was bullet proof 7 it had the Bullet dents to prove it!!!! ! bad Ass 4 wheeler!

But the new FJ is NOTHING like the original FJ, in fact I could Drive my Old FJ over a new one & hardly feel the bump!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by derekls
I took the FJ offroad just like I did my TJ.... Also added bigger tires and even a 3 inch OME lift to the FJ................... No comparison. I missed my stock TJ.

So with the life time warrenty deal I opted to get the new JK's instead of a TJ..... so I am now driving in a 08 2dr JK X 6spd black...........LOVE it. I would not take a million dollars for it......
You wouldn't take a million dollars for it???? What do they teach kids nowdays???
Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeep81

I found a lot of forums for FJ cruiser with also many mods companies made.
It looks average, but has great power 240 hp with accelerate speed from 0-60mph in 7.6 sec
Internal space is larger than 2dr and its price is challenger to others companies.
So what do you think about this car, will it take the customer from the JK?
i found this vidin you tubesee the power in own it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DaklQUhV3o
I hope jeep company return 4 liter in the wrangler.
I don't like the look of the FJ, I wouldn't buy one. If you have come to this site looking for us to jump on your FJ bandwagon, its NEVER going to happen.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The FJ is cool and I do like the look of it but my JK is just classic. There is only one JEEP!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Fugly Junk mall Cruiser
Old 03-08-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by priell3
Fugly Junk mall Cruiser
Took the words right out of my mouth =)
Old 03-08-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Seryoga
Took the words right out of my mouth =)
Us Philly guys think alike. Now how about a cheese steak?
Old 03-08-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

Question

Originally Posted by priell3
Us Philly guys think alike. Now how about a cheese steak?
Cheese steak sounds great, how about some off-roading in Feasterville? Its about 15-20 minutes from Center City (Street Rd & Bustleton Ave)
Old 03-08-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by The Diesel
MA wheeling buddy i have drives an FJ. Got a little lift with some decent tires and it goes everywhere i go without a problem.

Its not in 4wd all the time, its in AWD, there is a difference. And then you have the choice for 4hi and 4 low. It has good power and torque in all gears. It climbs jusst as easy as the jeep.
I don't doubt that an FJ can go everywhere that you can, however if you out equal drivers in a similarly built FJ and JK, the JK will go farther. I think the average wheeler will find that they don't do extreme enough wheeling to really make the difference between the two stand out off road. (I certainly don't... yet) However, there are a TON of not-so-average wheelers on this site that would notice the difference.

I love my jeep and i love being able to take everything off. You cant knock toyota though, they have some off road history too. And to whoever commented on the Fj cruiser lights trying to be like jeep, do your homework. Compare the fj cruiser to the fj40 grill.
If you are going to make a comment like "do your homework," please make sure you do yours as well. The "history" that you write about that the FJs have is actually based around Jeeps. Toyota built the original FJ in an attempts to steal Jeeps military contract from them. They failed. Yes, they do have "history" because they've been around long enough, and that history stands true today... Second Place.
For what it's worth, I don't think you will find many people on here that would bag on the old FJ40s, however the only thing they share with the FJCruiser is the white roof. Jeeps have improved their offroad capability through the years, FJs have not. To me, comparing an FJ40 to an FJ Cruiser is like comparing a CJ-7 to a Jeep Patriot.

Dont forget about all of the problems the jeeps are having too. The "stall" when on the gas, the leaks all over the place with soft and hard tops, my evac system is wack and i have had a check engine light fori dont even know how long and none of the dealers will cover anything. This isnt my first jeep, i like my JK, but i would much rather have my TJ back. Im trying to talk my brother out of buying a JK and getting either a TJ or a new V6 4wd single cab tacoma, which is what i wish i would have gotten.
You're missing the point. No one is saying that JKs are problem free, or will outlast a Toyota. We are simply saying that the JK is better off road than the FJ. Yes, our JKs have had issues, and so have the FJs. Equally matched skilled drivers with Equally built rigs, the JK will prevail off road.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Seryoga
Cheese steak sounds great, how about some off-roading in Feasterville? Its about 15-20 minutes from Center City (Street Rd & Bustleton Ave)
I might take you up on that offer on a day I'm not working (like today).

Quick Reply: FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!