Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which one u vote for?
JK Wrangler
95.48%
FJ Cruiser
4.52%
Voters: 774. You may not vote on this poll

FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 04:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

RubyDoo when wheelin with a group of FJ's one day just for hahas and there is one off camber spot wher the FJ's were teadering on 2 wheels where RubyDoo kept all 4 of her wheels on the ground WITHOUT disconnecting the swaybar. It was all guys driving and me in RubyDoo and they asked me how i did it, and I said I just go and let the Jeep do the rest.

Jeep 1 FJ cruzer -9
Old 02-20-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pass FJ's every day. mall crawler for certain. Never a speck of mud or dust on them.
Let's face it. We did not buy a wrangler for speed, but for serious off road fun. The weight and balance of the JK makes it a far better choice for off road than any other factory vehicle out there. I have gone places in my JK that I would never dream of in any other vehicle out there. Toyota does make a fine vehicle, but as mentioned before.. A million bucks wouldn't make me get rid of my JK. It's part of our family now. I had to promise my wife that when our youngest is out of his car seat.. I will buy her her choice of Jeep. (She grew up driving her dads CJ-7, nuff said) I better get her one soon, she keeps stealing mine!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:45 AM
HEK
JK Freak

I wanted a FJ TRD and would probably be driving one if my wife ( smart one of the two) hadn't made an appointment at the local Jeep dealership for a test drive when the 1st Rubicon hit the lot......, the rest is history, I like the looks of the FJ TRD but after driving both I know I made the right decision...... , funny thing is that in town there are few FJ owners and I met one in the Wallmart's lot, we talked for a while and he regrets buying his FJ on impulse....
Old 02-20-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I was out shopping recently for vehicles I test drove everything truck and SUV related to see if indeed I wanted to get another jeep. To keep the bias outta it I left the jeeps to last. I originally planned to get the new libby for its on road refinement. They had one Rubi on the lot with the 6speed and the guy was like just test drive it for fun. So I did and when I got out there was no other vehicle that day that I drove that had the wow factor I was looking for like the Rubi did. The FJ was one of the vehicles I drove, and although it handled nicely on-road it just didn't have what I was looking for. To be honest I didn't know what I was looking for, hence the reason I drove just about every truck and SUV out on the market right now. Apparently I was looking for something as similar as possible to my lifted XJ. Love my cherokee, but she's aging at a rapid rate.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

someone mentioned this earlier, but i found the FJ cruiser tiny inside. When i first saw them coming out i was excited about them, i signed up to test drive the first model the local dealer got in. When i went to test drive it, i was trying to get in and my shoulder hit the roof. Not my head, my shoulder. I had to duck in an incredible amount to "crawl" into the driver seat. I also found the driver seat to be slightly narrow, and the roof felt pretty low. Now if i was in the NBA or something i would understand this, but i'm only 5'11.5''. My instant reaction was "this is a girls car". Even my dad who is only 5'6'' had to duck a lot to get in one. My wife who is 5'3'' had no problem, and liked it. The jeep which is much smaller (technically) felt like i had all the head space in the world and when topless, it does.

edit* I am around 210 lbs so i guess you could say I'm slightly larger than the average joe.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

i'm from Texas too and i'm 6ft 345lbs and hated the inside of my buddies FJ, i fit just fine in my JK and can walk all over him off-road, he cannot turn off the babysitting software on his Toyota and he hates that, he hates that he paid almost twice as much as i did for my X, and i love that i can take the top off and everybody rides with me and he follows us by his lonesome LOL
Old 02-20-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think these posts in the forums are funny... lets pose the same question in an FJ forum.. if somepne makes a post in a Jeep forum do they really expect to get non biased information? more likely a general off roading forum seems hte place to post such a question where there is a lot bigger variety of vehicles..granted jeeps have been around longer than any other of its type but still..

as to the FJ itself.. its 2 main drawbacks to me were the lack of a manual transmission with manual 4 wheel drive.. no removable top and no removable doors.. IMO thats where toyota messed up on this vehicle as the original FJ-40 had these features..
-Christopher
Old 02-20-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I will admit I looked at them before the JKs came out.

I wanted something that 4 larger people could still with some semblance of dignity get in and out of it. With the small suicide doors, and back seat placement, the FJ seemed to fail on that aspect....not a total failure perhaps, but still, it was not optimal.

Sitting in the drivers seat, I noticed numerous dead zones in sight vision out the back and to the sides Yes, with a hard top on, the JK isn't exactly the best either, but nothing like the FJ.

Premium fuel only. With the price of gas, does that need any further explanation for why the JK wins that battle?

Summer time....hummm same old enclosed feel....or take the top off....'nuff said on that one too....FJ just does not shape up there.

That is not to say the FJ wouldn't be a better choice for others....it just wasn't for me.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
I think these posts in the forums are funny... lets pose the same question in an FJ forum.. if somepne makes a post in a Jeep forum do they really expect to get non biased information? more likely a general off roading forum seems hte place to post such a question where there is a lot bigger variety of vehicles..granted jeeps have been around longer than any other of its type but still..

as to the FJ itself.. its 2 main drawbacks to me were the lack of a manual transmission with manual 4 wheel drive.. no removable top and no removable doors.. IMO thats where toyota messed up on this vehicle as the original FJ-40 had these features..
-Christopher
everything on here is biased, its a freakin' JEEP forum LOL --
Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Jeep would have competition only if Toyota starts building the FJ like this one.
SFA = (SAS Install) All Pro...but the Roof don't come off, Doors don't come off & Windshield don't fold down.. See, Jeep is still a stand alone..can't compare..
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!