Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which one u vote for?
JK Wrangler
95.48%
FJ Cruiser
4.52%
Voters: 774. You may not vote on this poll

FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year when the FJ's started really hitting the streets we were walking out of a home show in Allentown and there was this fj parked a couple spaces away from my jk. It was lifted and had big tires on it and graphics. There were a couple people looking at my 2dr and saying they like it as we walked up. The Wife pointed to the FJ and asked what that was,, I commented it was japan trying to prove that they could sell an uglier car than the Honda element or the scion box thing and people will buy it at top dollar.. I kinda felt bad as the guy about 10' from me got in and drove away.. Hey it was the truth,, its ugly,, some people like it, some people like ugly things.. I sat in one,, roomy with the submarine feel,, tiny porthole to look out.. I like the true older FJ's when they were real with solid axles.. I've had both Jeeps and toys.. And the older FJ40's can hold their own with any older jeep..
Old 05-05-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no comparison between the Wrangler and FJ.
Wrangler Rubicon has D44 axles, 4.10 gearing, unlimited has more room, better tires, more 4x4 capable, and you cant take the top down on an FJ. Also Jeep is American and Toyota is Japanese. The FJ stands for Foreign Jeep and who wants that? It dont even compare to the Jeep. Its comparison to the H3 and Xterra, but not the JK.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by poppakristof
My wifey thinks the FJ is ugly. Nuf said.
Same here! She helps me pick things out for my Jeep and it looks good! I go for what I need and she makes it look good. Man I love that woman!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I want to know who was on the Jeep forum and posted for those 11 to the FJ!(MUST BE FRIZZLED FINGERS!)
The Axles are more offroad worthy than the FJ(especially on te Rubicon, D44's with lockers).
You can take the top and dorrs off on the Wrangler( Only seen the top and doors off a FJ in a WRECK!!!)
The FJ May have a Bigger engine but Gas prices, and The JK can make it up a mountain still with the engine it has!
The backseat the FJ has made can't compare to the one in the JK!
Also Toyota says they promote long lasting vehicles! I still see the Willy's Jeeps riding around sturdy as Hell!!!!!
PLUS PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think i clearly can say, the Toyota will suck the Offroad gods balls! (CLEARLY SAID I THINK)
I think if you posted something like this on the FJ site the couldonly talk about the engine!
If your looking for seeing very little dirt and when you do getting towed out everytime get the FJ
But if you want to go anywhere get a Jeep!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yellowrubi
The FJ stands for Foreign Jeep
ROFL, i can't believe i never thought of that.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

I missed that but i bet that is correct!!!!!!!

I think the guy is sccared to speak now!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

I think the FJ has a great motor........... it is OK offroad but has alot of compromises

I had an FJ............ had it lifted (OME) and some M/Ts......

Honesty my stock X with only mod being JKS discos and slightly bigger A/Ts than stock did better in the same places than the FJ .... For me anyways.... I think its the solid live axles that made the difference...FJ did drive a little better on the road though

I just hope the JK's motor holds up 200k down the road like I have a feeling the FJs would. (my friend has a tacoma, with around 319k with same motor pretty much, and still going strong)
Old 05-05-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Didn't need this poll, it was set to rest right here:
http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/...-fj-cruis.html
Wrangler Murders the FJ on CarDomain
By Rob

Editor-in-Chief

I stopped counting after a while cause our Wrangler vs. FJ contest wasn't even close. UG's comment seems to sum up the general feeling:

If you plan to attack trails with your rig, go with the Jeep.
If you plan to attack speed bumps at the mall, go with the FJ.

Ouch. I noticed that it ended up on a few Jeep forums and at least one FJ board--maybe the Jeep guys are just more vocal. Anyway, I'll try to pick a closer match-up next week. Let me know if you have any ideas.
08 Liberty & FJ, would be about right.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Super Freak

08' Liberty & Fj would be closer! I still fell the FJ is a worthless vehicle that they charge an Extra 30,000 for its supposed offroad ability that I havent seen yet!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

While we were obsessing over getting a Wrangler Unlimted, my wife and I test drove two FJs. We both liked it, but liked the Jeep better for various reasons like the fact that it's a convertible and an actual four door which helps with an eight year old.

And I got a MUCH better deal on the Jeep than what we could have gotten for an FJ, comparably equipped.

Another factor for me is that the Jeep is built in Ohio and the FJ is built in Japan. I know a lot of foreign manufacturers supply American jobs and assemble their vehicles in the US, but the FJ isn't one of those vehicles. I work for Continental/General Tire and we supply both foreign and domestic vehicles with tires, so I understand that foreign companies can provide jobs too. But I just won't settle for something not at least assembled here, especially with the economy like it is. That might be old fashioned, but oh well. I know some people who go out of their way to avoid anything built in America, which I find really depressing. They can keep their globalist, citizen of the world outlook on life and I'll keep mine.

Quick Reply: FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!