Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Which one u vote for?
JK Wrangler
95.48%
FJ Cruiser
4.52%
Voters: 774. You may not vote on this poll

FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a lot of forums for FJ cruiser with also many mods companies made.
It looks average, but has great power 240 hp with accelerate speed from 0-60mph in 7.6 sec
Internal space is larger than 2dr and its price is challenger to others companies.
So what do you think about this car, will it take the customer from the JK?
i found this vidin you tubesee the power in own it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DaklQUhV3o
I hope jeep company return 4 liter in the wrangler.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......
Old 02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

FJ's wave at me when I'm driving around and get a longing "oh crap I messed up" look in their eye when I drive by.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:08 AM
-

Originally Posted by Jeep81

I found a lot of forums for FJ cruiser with also many mods companies made.
It looks average, but has great power 240 hp with accelerate speed from 0-60mph in 7.6 sec
Internal space is larger than 2dr and its price is challenger to others companies.
So what do you think about this car, will it take the customer from the JK?
i found this vidin you tubesee the power in own it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DaklQUhV3o
I hope jeep company return 4 liter in the wrangler.

TROLL..............
Old 02-19-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Freak

I am speaking of personal experience.

Here is my story I graduated college Aug 06 ............ Got my self a 06 Jeep Wrangler X..... I have always wanted a jeep.

I put some bigger tires on it and took it off road every other weekend or so with the local club.... ABSOLUTELY loved it........

Well the FJ's come out and I dont know what got over me but I just had to have one........ Got one................ I still kick my self for getting rid of that old 4.0 inline....but hey you live you learn - i am young.....

I took the FJ offroad just like I did my TJ.... Also added bigger tires and even a 3 inch OME lift to the FJ................... No comparison. I missed my stock TJ.

So with the life time warrenty deal I opted to get the new JK's instead of a TJ..... so I am now driving in a 08 2dr JK X 6spd black...........LOVE it. I would not take a million dollars for it......

I wouldnt trade for another FJ if they paid me 20k and an even split otherwise....

Dont get me wrong, Toyotas can make a fine vehicle.....but Jeep is the King for me, and with the solid axles are better suited for offroad and look better onroad imo
Old 02-19-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

My wifey thinks the FJ is ugly. Nuf said.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I admit I was so close to buying an FJ when they came out. I loved the retro look. I didn't want a TJ because it was kinda small for me. The only reason I didn't buy the FJ was that rediculous markup on them! Who pays more than sticker?!?!?

So the 2007 JK comes out and all of the sudden I'm thinking they look amazing. I finally test drive one and SOLD! No going back and no regrets!

This is my fourth Jeep and I love it! Its smoother, more refined, and even more capable than any before!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

First of all, an FJ is pretty pricey. It's similar vehicle at Jeep is obvioulsy the Unlimited but frankly the back seat in the FJ is a joke. Rear seat room in the Unlimited is far superior. This means the FJ is really more akin to a 2 door wrangler which can be had for faaaar less money.

FJ's require premium fuel!!! Nuff said.

I have seen photos on the net of FJ's that crack around the front shock towers when they are offroading. I don't know if it's a design flaw or just crappy weld points, but it's a common problem.

I wouldn't buy one and if you gave me one for free I'd trade it in on a Jeep. Don't waste your time.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by REDNECKHOUSTON
TROLL..............
damn... you beat me to it...

FJ's may be capable... but I wouldn't own one. If someone gave me one for free... i would gladly take it and sell it for mods on my JK.

That stupid suicide third/fourth/whatever door is crappy... the roof does not come off... and the doors are permanently affixed thereto.

I choose the jeep b/c being offroad is only half of the fun... being free (doorless and topless) is where the rest comes in.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Talking AND there is more.......

........To get a manual in the new FJ you HAVE no option but full time 4WD!!.........who thought of that one!!!!!!

To get part time selectable 4WD you HAVE to but the automatic FJ

WHO are the geniuses at Toyota thinking this kind of crap up??

Quick Reply: FJ Cruiser will destroy JK Wrangler !!!!!!!!!!!!