Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

First Upgrade

Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrt
x4 on the recovery gear.
x5. I always forget about that one.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Yup, can't go wrong with recovery gear. Jumper cables come in handy also. Can't believe how many people don't have a set. Fire extinguisher is also a must have.

After that just spend some time on this board. You won't be asking what to do next. You will have it all outlined in infinite detail.

It is a sickness...
Old 02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just in case you drop your key while stopped off-road, a spare is really nice to have.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:23 PM
JK Freak

yep yep... i keep a spare key in my wallet, and use IT when wheelin, so i dont have a butt load of keys going "clank-clank" on the colum... (and i can lock the doors to let it warm up or if i lost a key).

i personally have a couple of good flashlights in mine...
and as a gift from one of those "survival type" friends.... i got one of those "Cabelas" weather band radios, with a built in flashlight/red strobe... (it even winds up if the batteries are dead)...
pretty cool to hear the storm forcast/winds and all that crap.

i've got my old "warning triangle" and fire extinguisher (from Germany, required equipment over there)... i hope it still works.

30ft jumper cables... 25 ft tow strap... 12v air compressor.. a warm jacket (and a rain slicker) and a good knife.... and a decent first aide kit
( i think thats about it ) other than lots of extra napkins from fast food joints, just in case i get stranded and um... need to blow my nose..

oh, and a 3ltr camel pak with water strapped to the back of my seat. and a good 4x4 magazine...
(gosh, i almost sound like one of those survival peoples....)
Old 02-05-2008, 09:27 PM
JK Freak

crap... i also have a basic tool kit (with duct tape). and a tire plug kit.

Quick Reply: First Upgrade