Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

First Pentastar Acceleration Numbers

Old 08-22-2011, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can we bury this now?

It is clear that the 2012 has a better power plant.. It IS FASTER, it has MORE TORQUE, it has MORE HORSE POWER, it has a BETTER AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION...

There are no valid arguments to say otherwise so can we just put this to rest? Its like arguing whether or not a Sahara is a "mall crawler" and you have a Rubicon that's never left the pavement..

WHO CARES!!! Just enjoy your Jeep and wave at the other Jeepers like you normally would.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jhol111964
Just because a merchant makes CLAIMS of superior product, new improved, better, faster, lemon fresh, 30% more, etc., don't make it so. As pointed out time and time again, if automobiles had improved as much as claimed since the 1950's, we'd have jeeps getting 100 mpg, 200+ mph top speed, 0-60 in under 3 seconds, and cost about 15k. Come people, quit being the perfect customers! If the 2012 is so much better, we will all cheer. If its not, will the owners admit it?

And by the way, replacing the engine (and transmission for slushbox lovers) was nothing more than a cost savings measure. Everything - repeat - everything a manufacturer does is a cost savings.
Guy, your hating out of either jealousy or buyers remorse. It's as transparent as my windshield. Jeep gave us a markedly better motor and auto transmission for exactly ZERO!!!! dollars extra and your going to admonish '12 buyers and coolaid drinking corporate sheep. It doesn't cost anything extra!! In fact it would cost me more to go buy an '11 as dealers around here won't take the TL discount on lot vehicles and they aren't dealing on them more than the $1000 Chrysler incentive. Why didn't you buy a 2010 model, you know Jeep charged you over $1000 for that fancy interior don't you. Sipping that corporate cool-aid hu? And you really think Motor Trend stripped the seats, hood, bumbers, tailgate, top and doors just for a friken acceleration test?! You really believe that? That is the most insane shit I've ever seen posted on here. The best part is that you haven't even drove the thing yet, so you are talking completely out of your ass. Go enjoy your Jeep and please stop posting in the 2012 thread, your have yet to contribute anything except your blind skepticism.

Last edited by 181; 08-22-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKU Rubicon
A member in my Jeep club have the new 2012 JKU

He forgot to put his soft top, and the rain came in the Jeep

The water came in through the control buttons located in the steering.

And nothing is working now. NOTHING

The dealer has to order new parts, the guy is still waiting for his Jeep after 3 weeks.

WTF
First year issues will have to be worked out. Thats why you never buy the 1st year. All the new poshness is nice an all but the more innovative Crapsler gets more shit is gonna break. Less is more when it comes to Jeeps.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
First year issues will have to be worked out. Thats why you never buy the 1st year. All the new poshness is nice an all but the more innovative Crapsler gets more shit is gonna break. Less is more when it comes to Jeeps.
So the whole interior of the Jeep gets rained on and somehow they have it pinpointed that the steering wheel buttons shut down the whole Jeep? And this only applies to the 2012 and not the 2011. Makes so much sense, cruise control buttons on a stick = bomb proof, cruise control button on a pad = shit that will shut down your whole vehicle when wet.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
Interesting numbers.. I like the torque numbers Could care less what it does 0-60.. thats why I have a Vette
I'm not old enough to drive a Vette yet, I'll stick with the GC SRT8 for a while.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

I just did a test drive with a 2012 JKU (manual) in my local dealer this morning.

Very honestly, no difference in the accelaration
Old 08-22-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 181
Guy, your hating out of either jealousy or buyers remorse. It's as transparent as my windshield. Jeep gave us a markedly better motor and auto transmission for exactly ZERO!!!! dollars extra and your going to admonish '12 buyers and coolaid drinking corporate sheep. It doesn't cost anything extra!! In fact it would cost me more to go buy an '11 as dealers around here won't take the TL discount on lot vehicles and they aren't dealing on them more than the $1000 Chrysler incentive. Why didn't you buy a 2010 model, you know Jeep charged you over $1000 for that fancy interior don't you. Sipping that corporate cool-aid hu? And you really think Motor Trend stripped the seats, hood, bumbers, tailgate, top and doors just for a friken acceleration test?! You really believe that? That is the most insane shit I've ever seen posted on here. The best part is that you haven't even drove the thing yet, so you are talking completely out of your ass. Go enjoy your Jeep and please stop posting in the 2012 thread, your have yet to contribute anything except your blind skepticism.
You guys...the Automatic transmission, combined with the rearend ratio is the primary improvement from 2012, admittedly, and unapologetically.. BUT FOR THOSE OF US THAT DRIVE A MANUAL, its not going to be the breathtaking improvement that is claimed because the new engine is not the significant change for 2012. I think most folks can understand that, if the rest will quit spreading false information. Make your arguments with facts and data and I will do the same. And where did this "hater, hating on, hate" tactic come frome? You tube or something?

Last edited by jhol111964; 08-22-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKU Rubicon
I just did a test drive with a 2012 JKU (manual) in my local dealer this morning.

Very honestly, no difference in the accelaration
Are you sure? Perhaps you were drugged, abducted by aliens, politically motivated, brainwashed, the victim of hate, envy, jealosy, economics, Red Bull? Surely it cain't be true? You better take a 2012 owner with you, to certify your obsesrvations, otherwise you can't be trusted to your self.

All kidding beside, the point is to have fun on this site, but share the truth. For the auto owners, I see the huge difference. Lets wait and see if the manuals get the same improvement.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

i watched that video of the drag race and that 3.8 straight got dusted bad! i must be missing something as to why all these people who have test drove a 2012 dont see much of difference?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jhol111964
Are you sure? Perhaps you were drugged, abducted by aliens, politically motivated, brainwashed, the victim of hate, envy, jealosy, economics, Red Bull? Surely it cain't be true? You better take a 2012 owner with you, to certify your obsesrvations, otherwise you can't be trusted to your self.

All kidding beside, the point is to have fun on this site, but share the truth. For the auto owners, I see the huge difference. Lets wait and see if the manuals get the same improvement.
Motor Trend got 6.7 0-60 out of a manual sport. No other JK no matter the transmission or configuration had ever tested lower than a mid 9. Oh wait, I forgot they used a bare frame with a motor and a single drivers seat for testing. Silly me.

Quick Reply: First Pentastar Acceleration Numbers