Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

First Jeep Wave

Old 12-08-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Qball33
Does anyone else's girlfriend/wife give them shit when you get or give a Jeep wave? We both use to have Harley's and she still doesn't get it.
My wife just says im an idiot for waving. I don't really wave anymore, as I never get the return. What I do now, is the jeep nod, works way better, and is returned 75% of the time.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

First jeep wave we got, we both thought the other knew the person & we waved back. Lol! BIG 'L' on the forehead. Didn't take us long to figure it out. Anyway, haven't stopped waving since.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone else's girlfriend/wife give them shit when you get or give a Jeep wave? We both use to have Harley's and she still doesn't get it.
Unfortunately I am in the same boat....I get A.."you guys are nerds"or something alone those lines when shes in the Jeep, mainly because I wave first...until last week we're rolling in traffic in front of home depot and another jk gives a huge reaching wave and hold it nice and proud! I of course wave back and glance over to my girlfriend...she has a shit eating grin and is blushing finally realizing the kinship among Jeep owners! I wanted to pull up to the guy and thank him for doing one thing I could never do...get my girlfriend to shutup and admit that she was wrong and that the Jeep family is a great to be a part of!
Old 12-08-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

I always wave...get one back 80% of the time...the one that always cracks me up is when they pull up beside you...I mean isn't that like an ambush wave!?
Old 12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

I get 80% return as well. Ambush wave, lol....
Old 12-09-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I had my TJ I was 100% ! Now in the Jk idk why ! To many soccer moms or TJ drivers hate JK s but I'm down
A solid 50% :( :( i just look like a jackass waving & get the
" what /who / do i know that guy "
look :( :(
Old 12-10-2011, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

In the same 5 minutes I got a wave from a VERY extensively modified (in a good way) CJ and a disdainful dirty look from a lightly modified TJ! LOL! Around here it seems a good number of TJ owners are snobbish toward JKs, LOL!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

you know....I think it's finally starting to catch on....Ive had my jk since the middle of October....and maybe got 1 or 2 waves......well within the past 3-4 weeks...I have gotten a 98% wave to no wave ratio....I wave @ every tj, yj, cj, jk and hope to get one back!! SPREAD THE LOVE event is not just for Subaru!! Although I have one of them too!!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Haha, yeah my gf gave me grief about it for a while...but I think she understands it a little better now after learning to drive a stick on my Jeep :thumb: it's definitely a Jeep thing.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mtb856

Haha, yeah my gf gave me grief about it for a while...but I think she understands it a little better now after learning to drive a stick on my Jeep :thumb: it's definitely a Jeep thing.
My wife thinks I'm a little yahoo about it but I don't care LOL!

Quick Reply: First Jeep Wave