Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

First Aid kits--get one

Old 04-24-2008, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mountain man
Do you have an emergency heli-pad on the top of you JK too?

I'm working on it...FAA has issues with a rolling helipad on Jeeps...they say I'm not an aircraft carrier
Old 04-24-2008, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

I know what your favorite episode of M*A*S*H is. ;-)

Originally Posted by RipperMan
Don't forget a writing pen that twists in half and a mostly sharp pocket knife...I cant tell you how many times I have had to perform a field tracheotomy...Thats how I got my screen name!!! Its the first thing I do when I see someone go down on the trail. I have perform this procedure on bee stings, stubbed toes, headaches and everything in between - haven't lost a patient yet. As an aggressive first responder, I am always amazed by how people react to emergency assistance, I have literally had to chase people down!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good stuff in here. I keep an Adventure Medial ultralight .7 with me www. adventuremedicalkits.com/kit_detail.asp?series=300&seriesNav=Dom&kit=301&ki tNO=0125-0291

Plus, a 36" sam splint, additional acebandage, and additional baind aids and such.

Luckily have not had to use it.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

I tend to carry a full BLS jump bag in my Jeep whenever I am out on the trail or have kids at a tournament, or even when they are training. I am always the one expected to handle injuries, since I am the EMT person in my circle of friends. It has never let me down. Granted its an expensive kit for 140 bucks but I get it stocked for free after I use anything in it.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Damn that musta been a trick to sew up a doberman unless she was unconcious

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
I consider myself a bit overpacked when the full first aid kit is loaded. That said I a lot of it never has seen human use I do frequently travel with my dog(s) and sometimes have even had to help others out with animals. You need to remember that humans are not the only creatures that might need you to have a first aid kit. I know a few years back my doberman would have bled out before I could get her to a vet if not for a suture kit.

Quick Reply: First Aid kits--get one