Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

First Aid kits--get one

Old 04-22-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always have my first aid kit with me. I've got one in the wife's car, one in the JK, one in my biking pack, and one each in my wife's and my multi-day backpacks.
Something we have in all of our kits that I didn't see mentioned yet is Benadryl. Definitely a key ingredient if you run into anyone allergic to bee stings.
Also (feel free to laugh at this one) I cary small tampons. There is nothing better for a bad nose bleed. Besides, a picture of your buddy with a tampon string hanging out of his nose is PRICELESS!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ice pack, feminine pads, gauze, tape, aspirin, bandages, snake bite kit, sutchers, rubber gloves, iodine, alchohol wipes...
The first aid kit and fire extinguisher were the first 2 things into the Jeep, along with the straps and come-along.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

HellifIknow...all kinda stuff. I got it at wallyworld for under 10 bucks. It has 170 items.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Padlock6
Usually around this time of year Wal-Mart sells first aid kits for cheap. I purchased one last year for $10 that comes with all the standard goodies. It looks like a clear lunch box with a handle on it.
Yup, the one at Wal mart is pretty good, only thing I would add to any kit is super glue. Most folks aren't Rambo and sewing them up gets real ugly. Super glue works great on cuts, big and small.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

yep, get the clear walmart one if nothing else, then take the plastic "divider" crap out of it, and stuff it full of more of whatever you think you'll need.

and check your "drugs" for expiration dates... exp2006?? in a pinch is better than nothing.
oh... and see who's used all your advil or whatever and didnt tell you...

and sunblock, in case your stranded...
and some people would love some BUG SPRAY (depending on your location)

you could use the pieces of the jacks crank/tire iron, if needed for splints.
improvise what you dont have, but "have a plan"....

$h!t happens...
Old 04-22-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

I really like the idea of keeping my camel bak on the back of my drivers seat...
its been there so long, its like part of the jeep.... (change the water when you KNOW your going wheeling, or it taste like crap, but its still WATER..)

i have the 3ltr "mule".... with storage pockets for extra "stuff" (knife, lighter, small rope, duct tape....)

FLASHLIGHTS...!!!!

i know... i know.... a little "over kill" but still better to have and not need.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I keep one in every vehicle, along with an Epi-pen for my son. He is deathly allergic to bee and wasp stings!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Junkie

Glad you were prepared Monte. I always carry a kit in all my vehicles. I have a standard camping kit, that comes with something like 200 pieces. I also make sure I have mouth guards for performing CPR, several pair of gloves & clear safety glasses.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I carry the most useful yet basic kit
a roll of paper towels, the good blue shop towels
can of Lysol disinfectant
jar of Vaseline Petroleum jelly
roll of 100mph tape

It's a laughable kit that will handle everything from a child's skinned knee, spills, foul odors, squeaky hinges and traumatic amputation of various limbs. It fits in my permanent onboard tool kit and it is ALWAYS there.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Goose
I always have my first aid kit with me. I've got one in the wife's car, one in the JK, one in my biking pack, and one each in my wife's and my multi-day backpacks.
Something we have in all of our kits that I didn't see mentioned yet is Benadryl. Definitely a key ingredient if you run into anyone allergic to bee stings.
Also (feel free to laugh at this one) I cary small tampons. There is nothing better for a bad nose bleed. Besides, a picture of your buddy with a tampon string hanging out of his nose is PRICELESS!
Dude...there's one thing to be safe...but yall must be accident prone. LOL

Quick Reply: First Aid kits--get one