Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

First Aid kits--get one

Old 04-22-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Aid kits--get one

ok what do you have and whats in it? this is why you need one and a good kit.

last weekend while on the trail some guy with kids in the back of one of those rhino's rolled it and one kid cut her hand to the bone. even though there was jeepers around no one had a first aid kit except me. so it got used. then some sand rail rolled over backwards. got used again.

dont hit the trail without one. pardon the pun. you may not ever use it.

whats in your kit? have you ever used it on the trail?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive got one . I keep one in the car too. you never know when you'll need it.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

I carry one when I am out dirtbike riding so it is pretty small. Band-aids, tape, toilet paper, wet wipes, and feminine pads (they are designed to absorb blood). It the truck I carry the same just more of it.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I carry a small kit, Band-aids, Antiseptic and whatnot. Now that it is warming up and will be outside more, I am going to build a bigger kit
Old 04-22-2008, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A company called Adventure Medical sells a bunch of different size kits. I got one, they are really nice.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Do you want the small kit which is in the jeep (standard stuff bandaids, asprin) or the extra that gets added (suture kit, stuff to do a splint, etc)? I no more want to list what all is in it than I do knit a sweater. It is stuff I have collected and found myself needing over many many years outdoors and it grows (usually) and shrinks(meds change, stuff never been used) as I go.

I consider myself a bit overpacked when the full first aid kit is loaded. That said I a lot of it never has seen human use I do frequently travel with my dog(s) and sometimes have even had to help others out with animals. You need to remember that humans are not the only creatures that might need you to have a first aid kit. I know a few years back my doberman would have bled out before I could get her to a vet if not for a suture kit.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Usually around this time of year Wal-Mart sells first aid kits for cheap. I purchased one last year for $10 that comes with all the standard goodies. It looks like a clear lunch box with a handle on it.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Junkie

I have a basic roadside first aid kit in the underfloor storage compartment at all times... gauze, pads, alcohol swabs, adhesive bandages, aspirin, tube tourniquet, etc.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

My outlook on First Aid kits is the same as for guns, "Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it".
Old 04-22-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Hell, I've started IVs and hung bags on the trail. My kit is "big." ;-)

Quick Reply: First Aid kits--get one