Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fire Extinguisher and Sun

Old 07-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just donated money to the "orphans of exploding fire extinguishers" charity.
I sure hope they spend it wisely.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
I just donated money to the "orphans of exploding fire extinguishers" charity.
I sure hope they spend it wisely.
Thanks - much appreciated!

I'm guessing today it would be for Shrek gummies...and a trip to Disneyland!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Okay guys this is a good thread but in actual pratice the tank will not explode no matter what you do with it. It will decompress if punctures and it might pop the top off but it will not explode. I have thrown extingiushers into a fire before just to see what happens. You get a rocket effect with a slightly dangerous hot metal cylinder turning into a bottle rocket without a stick. Now I can't say I ever even wanted to know ow hot it gets before enough pressure is built up before it pops the valve but that is all it does.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Okay guys this is a good thread but in actual pratice the tank will not explode no matter what you do with it. It will decompress if punctures and it might pop the top off but it will not explode. I have thrown extingiushers into a fire before just to see what happens. You get a rocket effect with a slightly dangerous hot metal cylinder turning into a bottle rocket without a stick. Now I can't say I ever even wanted to know ow hot it gets before enough pressure is built up before it pops the valve but that is all it does.

Sure, OK ruin it for me...just when I thought I was getting a free extinguisher!!

Mine is under my seat just because I can reach it there and I haven't taken the time to read about the different ways everyone is mounting them!
Old 07-14-2007, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZToad
Sure, OK ruin it for me...just when I thought I was getting a free extinguisher!!

Mine is under my seat just because I can reach it there and I haven't taken the time to read about the different ways everyone is mounting them!
Under the seat huh? I see how you work. It's there so when the jeep catches on fire, it explodes, coating you and your seat, while everyone else gets burned. I though you were better than that!!!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Good discussion. Ironically this morning I was doing some searching for a few cheap accessories, an FE mount being one of them. Found this on a few of the different popular vendors....I like it because it looks good and keeps it not so "stick out like a sore thumb red"

http://www.quadratec.com/products/98003_101.htm

What can't they make in neoprene these days? They have a cell phone/PDA holder too from the same company - which made me laugh a little.
But it's black. It'll just soak up more heat.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
Under the seat huh? I see how you work. It's there so when the jeep catches on fire, it explodes, coating you and your seat, while everyone else gets burned. I though you were better than that!!!!!

Ahhh yes, but the jewels are safe - even if no longer connected!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
.... I have thrown extingiushers into a fire before just to see what happens...

You ROCK! I too have thrown many a things in fires. Batteries make a cool sound when they explode, but the acid burn the skin.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

fire extinguishers do explode and have killed and maimed several people. kidde plastic top 10s with welded necks are recalled threads on plastic deteriorate and fly out thus taking your head if you happen to be hovering over it. never throw extinguishers in a fire or do anything crazy with them
Old 07-19-2007, 04:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by possumface
fire extinguishers do explode and have killed and maimed several people. kidde plastic top 10s with welded necks are recalled threads on plastic deteriorate and fly out thus taking your head if you happen to be hovering over it. never throw extinguishers in a fire or do anything crazy with them
That's right don't do it kids. I think we were all stupid as teenagers and I grew up a farm boy without all the big city entertainment. We had to toss stuff into a fire for fun. One of the more intresting things was one of those little camping propane tanks. Of course we did all of this at the defunct sand pits so we did not catch anything on fire and had a clear view and room to run. Fire was a friend when it came to burning off fields and such, Foe when it got into the woods or a house burned down, and a source of entertianment for us farm kids who grew up with a great respect for what it can do because we have seen it first hand. One more thing sticks of dynamite can kill but they shure can blow a big hole and remove stumps as well as be a whole lot of fun if you can steal a few sticks.

Quick Reply: Fire Extinguisher and Sun