Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fire Extinguisher-Stolen

Old 07-04-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where-ever you mount it, ask yourself where's it going to go during an accident? I'd rather risk the extinguisher getting stolen than having it turn into a projectile during a crash.

I mounted mine on the rear roll bar by the zipper window, so if I hit something, the fire extinguisher will compress the bracket directly into the roll bar. I think the bracket is a lot less likely to fail there, than if it's hanging down from the center roll bar by the dome light, where it might shear loose.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Savages

In the words of Randal (from Clerks), "Bunch of savages in this town."

I had a pair of flip flops stolen out of mine, in the store for 10 min with top/doors off. Didn't realize it till I was trying to find them.
Savages I tell ya.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Junkie

Not your fault, very few people have respect for other people's property anymore
Old 07-04-2010, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
There is no kidding on that. Even a 2.5lbr or something would really ruin your day unloaded in your Jeep for no reason...mine is outta sight! (driver's seat base)
How did you mount it to the seat base? I've looked on Northridge & Quadratec sites as well as searched here and could not find anything about seat base mounts for extinguishers.

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Probably some kid who will waste it shooting something with it. Seems like there are more morons walking the planet every day or maybe I'm just turning into a crotchety old man.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry i used three self tappers, not two

It's never come loose, i've never kicked it, and I can get at it pretty quickly.

[IMG http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/goodysgota72/Jeeo/mods/fireext.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/goodysgota72/Jeeo/mods/firext2.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks. I bought two for the house a awhile ago. A 3lb for the kitchen and an 8lb for the garage. Both have a simple neck bracket with out a retaining strap. I will look for one that includes the retainer strap.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry i used three self tappers, not two

It's never come loose, i've never kicked it, and I can get at it pretty quickly.
I'm glad that's working for you. I had one like that in the beginning and the plastic bracket broke offroad. That eventually led us to create a real bracket. Our bracket also doesn't require you to drill into the seat frame. It uses the paint hanger hole as well the design of the seat frame to stay put. We sell the bracket and extinguisher as a kit.

Quick Reply: Fire Extinguisher-Stolen